• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

All ASA pilots...please read!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Exactly Mickey! What mgt saves on a concessionary contract will go for their bonuses and DAL pilots pocketbook. Just look at the bonuses DAL rampers and gate agents got a short time ago getting us out on time, with OUR assistance bending over backwards. And what'd we get, a hundred bucks? And theyvwant to change Vac Low! No way, big NO for me as well!

You guys need to take some lessons from the XJT reps and get rid of dead weight at the top....your MEC chair. He sets the tone for how strong your union is. I've heard your guy has been in office on full time leave for 10 plus years making over 100 pay a month and only cares about kissing the ass of every rep to stay in power, in including ours, caters to ALPA national, and constantly talks to management on his own without telling anyone. If you are not getting communications, surveys, etc it's cause you have a slacker in charge that's comfortable making choices for you without your input.

Do you know who is in there now? None other than the guy who offered up the section that allowed the arbitration imposed on your group. He simply had hopes of undercutting the ASA group and getting new airplanes at your expense. I prefer a guy who will take direction instead of one like CG who thinks he runs the whole show and will screw over anyone, even his own pilots to accomplish his agenda.

Do you know who is in there now? None other than the guy who offered up the section that allowed the arbitration imposed on your group. He simply had hopes of undercutting the ASA group and getting new airplanes at your expense. I prefer a guy who will take direction instead of one like CG who thinks he runs the whole show and will screw over anyone, even his own pilots to accomplish his agenda.

CG didn't offer it up the contract required it. CG is one of the better chairs we have had. He keeps the group informed and finds a way to take the lead on issues unlike your chair who would rather cater to keep his job than lead his pilots to a good contract. Your chair is the laughing stalk of our group, you don't have a leader you have a politician. Anyone who has been in office for 10 plus years and doesn't fly has a "clear agenda", stay in office at all costs. Our reps say that he puts all his reps on full time leave to sit around the office and do nothing. They all get paid 100+ hours a month and it keeps them happy so he keeps his job. All of our reps fly the line and take feed back from the pilots. Your reps are there to milk the system and put in their 6 hour work days. Can't wait for house cleaning when this thing is put together. I wonder if your chair will kiss enough ass to keep his job or if he will jump to national or the Co. It's clear he doesn't want to fly the line. CG still flys the line and does the chair duties.

CG didn't offer it up the contract required it. CG is one of the better chairs we have had. He keeps the group informed and finds a way to take the lead on issues unlike your chair who would rather cater to keep his job than lead his pilots to a good contract. Your chair is the laughing stalk of our group, you don't have a leader you have a politician. Anyone who has been in office for 10 plus years and doesn't fly has a "clear agenda", stay in office at all costs. Our reps say that he puts all his reps on full time leave to sit around the office and do nothing. They all get paid 100+ hours a month and it keeps them happy so he keeps his job. All of our reps fly the line and take feed back from the pilots. Your reps are there to milk the system and put in their 6 hour work days. Can't wait for house cleaning when this thing is put together. I wonder if your chair will kiss enough ass to keep his job or if he will jump to national or the Co. It's clear he doesn't want to fly the line. CG still flys the line and does the chair duties.

I have it on very good authority he was one of the two who instigated it by nudging the company and saying, "Look at this. Lets work something out." And no it isn't a pilot or an ALPA ******************************.

We don't have any reps on full time leave with the exception of the one who is on the JNC and he was there before he got elected. If your reps are telling you that, they are lying for their own agenda purposes. Just more garbage from your side. Why not ask our reps that sit reserve? There are more than one that does. Additionally, go find out how many hours your chairman really flies. Shouldn't be hard. If you believe he is still flying a bunch, you're in for a dose of reality.

Last edited:
So, latest rumor is that the JNC was offered current SKYW contract terms, i.e. pay and work rules, in exchange for one pilot list. And the MEC shot it down.

That really pisses me off.

I guess you got punked then. Get over it. Rumor is not true.

I have it on very good authority he was one of the two who instigated it by nudging the company and saying, "Look at this. Lets work something out." And no it isn't a pilot or an ALPA ******************************.

We don't have any reps on full time leave with the exception of the one who is on the JNC and he was there before he got elected. If your reps are telling you that, they are lying for their own agenda purposes. Just more garbage from your side. Why not ask our reps that sit reserve? There are more than one that does. Additionally, go find out how many hours your chairman really flies. Shouldn't be hard. If you believe he is still flying a bunch, you're in for a dose of reality.

You are still bitter over the arbitration? Face it, your side got played by contract language that is 9 years old. Get over it. It hasn't benefited anyone anyway.

We may be descending into a recrimination and finger pointing festival between the pilot groups. Let's refocus for a moment. We all want to work for a reasonable wage and have protections from pilot abuse from the company. I have met many ERJ-XJT pilots for the past few years, and I have found this pilot group to be very down to earth and amicable. We all put up our team colors when we first meet in the van or on the ramp, but when that ritual is over I think we usually find common ground in our respective pilot cultures. I do admire the hard line stance that I detect from the pilots that I meet on the XJET side. I would like to see this attitude materialize on the ASA side as well. Let me be clear, it is there, it is just not as intense. Both sides need to understand that there is nothing wrong with being paid fairly. We are light years away from fair pay and work rules at the current moment. We are not even close, and the industry is exerting downward pressure on us. You can give in, like the slaves from the Ivory Coast, or you can say "pay me". I like free market economics just as much as the next capitalist, but let's not pretend that manual wage adjustments and demands don't exist and aren't at times necessary. Our wages are being artificially lowered by the mainline pilot groups. We do exactly the same job as they do. On many 4 day trips we fly more passengers than they do. Don't be played for a fool by mainline pilots and executives. Most pilots are men (over 90%). Use the testosterone that is produced in your testicles to embolden you and fight for your compensation. It's OK if you lose, because you finally got the opportunity to show that your testicles work. Over the next year you will hear certain phrases repeated, and you may see a pattern in dialogue when JCBA is discussed among us. You may hear things like, "those Pinnacle guys really screwed us", or "we are gonna get hosed on this one". This type of talk is really stupid. Don't blame Pinnacle guys for your concessionary vote choice. That's water under the bridge. They seem like a good group of pilots when I meet them. They probably just got scared. I get scared too. I don't want to lose my job and my career future. Nobody wants to lose their income for their family. However, there comes a point where it all has to stop; all the fear, all the rhetoric, all the finger pointing. How are you going to vote when a TA is presented to you? It's on you now. Don't blame other pilot groups, Don't blame the company. You have been running your mouth for years now, proclaiming that you are above such legal financial extortion. I like and respect most of the pilots that I work with. Most pilots that I meet and work with say that they will not accept concessions. I just hope they are being honest.

How about that email from ALPA? Wow mgt overcharging us on our healthcare premiums. Unbelievable! But hey, TFATYD right? Right.

Latest resources

Back