• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

All ASA pilots...please read!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So, latest rumor is that the JNC was offered current SKYW contract terms, i.e. pay and work rules, in exchange for one pilot list. And the MEC shot it down.

That really pisses me off.

Interesting. Hadn't heard that one.

Last edited:
Per Law, the only way the union would get voted off would be if the entire 7,000+ pilots of SkyWest Inc did not vote 50%+1 for the union. With XJET and ASA there was not a representing body election because we were already both represented by the same union. Same for Mechanics. The F/A's had an election and the XJET union prevailed.

I see this as our Scope. Thereby ending the whipsaw within us. I'd gladly take SkyWest's deal for one list.

With the management regimes I have seen through the years at ASA, I have always held the belief that the Union was a necessary evil. I am starting to really doubt the necessary part. It truly does seem that we have an MEC that has their own interests ahead of their constituency. There has been ZERO polling of pilots. All of you remember how many times you were called by the Wilson Center in '05-'07?

Also, heard that the company has had over $10millon in concessions on the table for over a year. The MEC wants us to believe that the first they heard about it was a few weeks ago.

Really!

The new contracts in PHX and LAX are bleeding cash like crazy. So they expect you folks to pull them back to the pluse side.

If we merge with skyw and get rid of the union it's imposed pay cuts corporate wide immediately after signing.

Last edited:
Just wait until Obummercare gets going. He's already illegally delaying implementation so the Dems can win mid-term elections.

Inc. would happily dump everyone onto the state exchanges and pay the fines. Much cheaper.

Per Law, the only way the union would get voted off would be if the entire 7,000+ pilots of SkyWest Inc did not vote 50%+1 for the union. With XJET and ASA there was not a representing body election because we were already both represented by the same union. Same for Mechanics. The F/A's had an election and the XJET union prevailed.

I see this as our Scope. Thereby ending the whipsaw within us. I'd gladly take SkyWest's deal for one list.

With the management regimes I have seen through the years at ASA, I have always held the belief that the Union was a necessary evil. I am starting to really doubt the necessary part. It truly does seem that we have an MEC that has their own interests ahead of their constituency. There has been ZERO polling of pilots. All of you remember how many times you were called by the Wilson Center in '05-'07?

You guys need to take some lessons from the XJT reps and get rid of dead weight at the top....your MEC chair. He sets the tone for how strong your union is. I've heard your guy has been in office on full time leave for 10 plus years making over 100 pay a month and only cares about kissing the ass of every rep to stay in power, in including ours, caters to ALPA national, and constantly talks to management on his own without telling anyone. If you are not getting communications, surveys, etc it's cause you have a slacker in charge that's comfortable making choices for you without your input.

Many individuals in the ASA pilot group fully understand and appreciate your perspective on the current JCBA negotiations. Some have vocalized their displeasure regarding the administration of the process and a lack of any meaningful communication or pilot group feedback. The only recourse at this point is to reject any unsatisfactory TA that may be presented to the pilot group. The pilot group should reject any concessionary TA. Minor changes to the contract which do not affect 95% of the pilot group should not be considered concessionary. When voting on the TA, it is important to ask the question, "does it affect me now or 7 years from now". If the answer is "yes", then it is concessionary to you. Then, you have to ask yourself, "Am I a little Bitch? Do I want to forfeit my compensation for the prosperity of mainline pilots and executives". If you answer "yes, I do", then you are a pathetic weakling and a tool of those who want to subjugate you for their own means. Don't be a tool, Vote NO to concessions.

Latest resources

Back