• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALG to FLOPs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyone know what aircraft type the LATEST class was assigned to? Did a certain % get King Air and another % get Beechjet, etc.?

Do pilots with pretty good jet time get assigned the King Air?

I think so on the King Air. It just depends on where they need people. It all pays the same and the King Air does not work that hard. By the looks of your profile you really aren't worried about jet time. Some guys think they are to good to fly a king air. Not saying that about you. We have guys that would rather sit right seat in a jet than take a captain slot in a king air and make more money.

Seems to be a crap shoot.

I was talking to a guy in the class ahead of mine. He had no turboprop time, all sorts of lear time and got assigned into the king air. Me I had almost 1500 hours in the military flying 200's and not one hour of jet time but I got assigned the beechjet. It really does seem to be almost random.

Hey, I'd fly a Cessna 172 for FLOPS if given the opportunity.

What about the Premier Jet - will that be introduced to the fleet soon (given Raytheon control)? Won't that compete with the CE-525?

I don't think anytime soon. That thing was a big flop. Not built for fractional use at all.

Premier?

Hunk of junk. We demo"d one for a while. Never even came close to meeting it's published numbers, let alone it was a maint. nightmare. Owners like the CJ too much also.

gunfyter said:
I don't understand the pissing contests everybody always starts on this board.

If my company has a better (or worse) business than someone else's company... well let me lay the credit where it belongs....

MANAGEMENT.... (there-- I said something nice about management)

I just fly the airplanes and take care of the owners to the best of my ability as I am sure the rest of us do.

Gun,

Nicely said, I feel the same way. I just show up on time, fly as safe, efficent and customer friendly as I can and smile at the pax, the rest I (we) have zero control over.

Mike,

Congrats on the kid and FO, best wishes, now get the he11 out so I can move up one more skinkin' number and hopefully get back to the left seat.

:D

Hey now

is this adrian to?

yeah i cannot wait. everything is falling into place. whats up at ALG right now anyway? i havent been to work in a while.

Latest resources

Back