Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
hired

hey guys and gals,

i was offered the position and will be going for the may class. the april class was still open and eric said 95% or so itll be the beech jet. he didnt say what mays class will be hired into. not that i care, i just want to be there! everything was spectacular. andre fodor was a great guy and very knowledgable. briefed youngstown approach. althought my compadre was asked all about aspen. the OCC rocked. i had to take a moment and step back before going all the way in. if anyone has questions, i'd reather talk on a phone....so pm me if you need anything.

thank you for all the help.

btw, eric said a 5th emb was coming and i think 4 FLOPS guys are trained on the citation x and will be flying it. similare with the emb.

thak you! wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

mike

Congrats

Mike, glad to have you an board, I really think your going to enjoy it hear. Alot of flying to alot of different places with alot of good pilots and owners. 4 years here at Options and cannot complain!

See ya on the road.

BTW, which aircraft are you going too.

which?

eric said he wouldnt know until later. but of course he mentioned king air, 400, cj, and cit V. we will see and i'll keep ya posted.

mike

welcome aboard,

isn't it amazing in a room (occ) that high tech, so many dumb decisions can be made?

Re: more pros than cons

JetCapt69 said:
Flight Options is a good place to work in my opinion. I have been there over 4 years and left the regionals for here.

Pay starts around $36k base in small cabin a/c, plus $40.80/day per diem.
Is that per diem just food, or are you expected to get a hotel on that too?

Last edited:
per diem

the way i understand it is that if they fly you through any mealtime-breakfast, lunch or dinner FLOPS will provide a crew meal. anything else, you are responsible for.

the hotels are picked up by FLOPS. not sure if pilots put it on the card they carry or direct billed to the compnay. pilots are responsible for holding the credit card which i think means apying for it. not sure......pilots are now responsible for getting and submitting expense reports. i assume that this will include the hotels. someone help me out here.

how are the crew meals anyway. can't be worse than jetrock in the express terminal at PHL! unless you like rancid meat in your wrap!

mjm

the hotels are picked up by FLOPS. not sure if pilots put it on the card they carry or direct billed to the compnay.

You put it on the card. Bill goes to the company. You expense everything else (taxi, aircfraft supplies, tips, etc.)

how are the crew meals anyway.

Depends where you are at. If you are in Smallville, USA, it can be a slice of ham slapped between two slices of Wonderbread. Dinner out of a place like KTEB can be a filet mignon that rivals Ruth Chris. (Well, almost). The price is right, though.

Latest resources

Back