International Pay

International Flying rates shall be paid for each hour flown in
international flying as follows:
Captain $ 4.00

2. First Officer $ 3.00

Domestic Flying (for Pay Purposes): means the Company's operation

between two (2) points within the forty-eight (48) contiguous United
States
, Alaska and Canada but excluding Hawaii.

International Flying (for Pay Purposes): means all flying other than

domestic.

The recent grievances concerning furloughed pilots and the implementation of Row 44 are included. In this way, we may start a new contract with new work rules as cleanly as possible by sweeping those issues under the rug.:smash:

The recent grievances concerning furloughed pilots and the implementation of Row 44 are included. In this way, we may start a new contract with new work rules as cleanly as possible by sweeping those issues under the rug.:smash:

I can't find anything pertaining to the furlough grievances either. I did notice however, that the new TA replaces the word "prevent" from the first sentence of the current section 23 with the word "mitigate." This is weaker language. The new TA still says that they have to post how long the furlough is going to be. Still no answer on that from the MEC yet....

Last edited:
Advice to the Alaska pilots - if you merge with another airline and Bloch is your arbitrator for SLI - make sure your airline's color on your arbitration presentation is pink. Bloch really likes pink and will say that there is not enough of that color at the top of the list a decade from now and will make adjustments to see enough of his favorite color near the top of the list.

It does not matter that you fly mostly 737's. NWA's DC9 pilots on furlough bypass were slotted in with 767 lineholders in some of Delta's senior bases.

It is not about status quo - no - it is all about the color, pink.

Might I suggest the color "Salmon" for the Alaska pilots. The most recent SLI looked like a whole shoal had spawned on the list, but were out of mojo by the time they got to the back of the list.

Whatever happens, status quo aint got nothing to do with it.

Only joking - sorta.

It isn't just about pay rates. Work rules! Rigs, soft time, pay clock starts whether door is closed or not, can effectively equal a pay increase. Oh, for just a few work rules other than FARs.

I can't find anything pertaining to the furlough grievances either. I did notice however, that the new TA replaces the word "prevent" from the first sentence of the current section 23 with the word "mitigate." This is weaker language. The new TA still says that they have to post how long the furlough is going to be. Still no answer on that from the MEC yet....

You've got your answer, don't you? The Section 23 grievance is dead if this is voted in. No making whole, no back pay and back to work.

Aren't AirTran's rates higher?

APC is down, can't cross check.

More importantly, what did they do with scope?
FO rates are not even in the same ballpark. Looks pretty good to me right about now.

But as someone pointed out, it's about much more than just payscales. Losing sight of the bigger picture in terms of scope and work rules can really diminish QOL.

Latest resources

Back