Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska offerers 80K to retire is it enough?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not holding my breath that this is going to result in good news for the 120 of us.

I hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Baja,

I sure hope that's true. I've heard that, too. However, I'm still preparing to be furloughed until I hear something otherwise. I hate to say it, but I'm counting on the old guys to go get a life and get out of here.

QCappy,

You have high expectations from at least 25 pilots on the property, especially since they have less than 2 weeks to make such a decision.

Besides, even if we get 25-30 guys to bolt, it may not prevent all 54 from being furloughed. It may simply reduce the furlough number from 54 to 30.

QCappy,

Besides, even if we get 25-30 guys to bolt, it may not prevent all 54 from being furloughed. It may simply reduce the furlough number from 54 to 30.

Why? Has anyone added up the salary of those who go (senior) vs all of those up for poss furlough (most junior)?

It's not all about adding up salaries, etc. The "EO" program, if it works, will prevent downgrades (up to 28). Which means that 26 active FOs would still be on the chopping block.

I'm sure the Angle Lake bean counters have it all figured out. *sarcasm*

Latest resources

Back