Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska offerers 80K to retire is it enough?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nice attitude. You do realise, YOU are the union...Dumb-asses.

Yes, WE are the union. All the furloughees and all the future new hires that will soon realize that the ALPA of the past sold us out.

I can't wait for the day we outnumber the rest of you come election time......

I was advised today by my capt rep that they have informed the negotiators to see what the company will reduce the lines too. My guess is that the reply will be "nil" and the union will say "well, we tried..." This is by far the worst run airline and lamest ALPA group I have seen in 20 years of flying!!

Baja.

You never know. We thought very few would take it on the NWA side, and NONE on the DL side (no pension left). It looks like we have 150 takers on the NWA side now, and 7 on the DAL side. Crazy. It wasn't a great deal, especially with the 3 months medical offered. We may get up to 200 total NWA guys taking it in the end, which would be good. Good luck.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Now, that's funny......

Nice attitude. You do realise, YOU are the union...Dumb-asses.

Typical response from the blind followers. I'm so tired of these clowns getting so defensive about OUR union saying $hit like, "why don't you volunteer if you don't like how things are done" or "YOU are the union". Well, no $hit Sherlock!
I'm glad that we have a UNION and it's better than not having one I suppose, but it's really not a UNION is it? It's an "Association", just another corporation, where it's run by selfish, self serving, greedy people with too many personal agendas, especially up in National. True, there are those who are there to "serve" but they seem to be the minority fighting a losing battle. All WE ever do is thump our chest, but the backbone is missing. What has ALPA done for the bottom half of the seniority lately? A true UNION is a thing of the past.

Signed,
1 of 199

Typical response from the blind followers. I'm so tired of these clowns getting so defensive about OUR union saying $hit like, "why don't you volunteer if you don't like how things are done" or "YOU are the union". Well, no $hit Sherlock!
I'm glad that we have a UNION and it's better than not having one I suppose, but it's really not a UNION is it? It's an "Association", just another corporation, where it's run by selfish, self serving, greedy people with too many personal agendas, especially up in National. True, there are those who are there to "serve" but they seem to be the minority fighting a losing battle. All WE ever do is thump our chest, but the backbone is missing. What has ALPA done for the bottom half of the seniority lately? A true UNION is a thing of the past.

Signed,
1 of 199

Well said.

And I absolutely agree with turbodriver. The middle seniority folks here had better start coming around and showing some stinking backbone and unity. When they are outnumbered by the guys that are currently being sold out, it will get real ugly for them. Personally, I'd be the first to sign off on decertifying ALPA and going independent. I'd never want to work at a non-union airline, but ALPA national has done nothing but hold this group back.

Well said.

And I absolutely agree with turbodriver. The middle seniority folks here had better start coming around and showing some stinking backbone and unity. When they are outnumbered by the guys that are currently being sold out, it will get real ugly for them. Personally, I'd be the first to sign off on decertifying ALPA and going independent. I'd never want to work at a non-union airline, but ALPA national has done nothing but hold this group back.

Here's the second vote to decertify ALPA and going independent. The number will get bigger with time.

If the MEC thinks that I will forget about how they screwed me and just brush it under the rug when I get my recall letter (somehow I think that since we'll be so happy to get our jobs back, our memories will be short) they are sorely mistaken. I hope this MEC realizes that they just opened up a BIG can of worms to get their precious short-term raise.

Last edited:
One more thing for the "we are the union" guys.....
How is that our MEC can't show a little leadership and make tough decisions like, say, the FedEx MEC. Those guys dropped down to 60 hours to save jobs. It was a group effort led by the MEC, unlike our guys saying $hit like "YOU are the UNION" and expecting people to drop down to 75 on our own. Why do we even have a MEC if they can't lead? As we saw by the 84% TA pass rate, this pilot group is 84% sheep. Sheeps need a shepherd and our shepherd is a scare crow.
For those of you who do drop down on your own, my hat is off to you. However, it's a lost cause since your actions don't do squat to save jobs. It has to be a GROUP effort led the MEC. The 84% needs to be told what to do. Don't expect any initiative by this pilot group.
We don't need anymore people in unemployment lines in this screwed up economy. Someone needs to step up and take charge. As much as the corporate world is about "it's just business", they certainly have a moral obligation to exercise their God given assets and talent to do the "right thing" and that includes taking care of their people, IMHO. And no, I'm not even close to getting furloughed but I can only imagine the anxiety and the pain of those who are furloughed and those who are about to get shafted. Ok, I'm off of the soap box.

Last edited:
For all you "We'll get you when we have more votes!" guys. They used to say that about us B-scalers, too. "When the B-scalers get 51%, you old guys are going to pay."

A funny thing happens on the way to 51%. You get senior, too. Then YOU become one of the "old guys" and THEIR interests become YOUR interests.

Its just something to consider.

For all you "We'll get you when we have more votes!" guys. They used to say that about us B-scalers, too. "When the B-scalers get 51%, you old guys are going to pay."

A funny thing happens on the way to 51%. You get senior, too. Then YOU become one of the "old guys" and THEIR interests become YOUR interests.

So what you're saying is, "I'm OK with what's going on, becuase it's good for me." Thanks. I hope you will be volunteering at the soup kitchen my family will be attending often.

Maybe someday Americans will relearn what unity means. (Hint: It's not "I got mine, you might get yours if we don't take it from you first.)

Latest resources

Back