Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska offerers 80K to retire is it enough?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Check WHEN they are on reserve. There is NOBODY in SEA or LAX!

4 XCL's DUE TO PILOT CREW

Check out tomorrow's reserve coverage and notice how high the hours are on everyone. I would say the average is about 70hrs! That very high flying hour total accompanied by NO reserves in SEA or LAX today and multiple canceled flights due to lack of pilots would lead one to believe we are undermanned. The question is...will the company take action and remedy this or continue on with the strategy of having Kemp send out messages begging people to VSA/work more while pilots are out on furlough? Unfortunately I believe the latter to be their course.

Check out tomorrow's reserve coverage and notice how high the hours are on everyone. I would say the average is about 70hrs! That very high flying hour total accompanied by NO reserves in SEA or LAX today and multiple canceled flights due to lack of pilots would lead one to believe we are undermanned. The question is...will the company take action and remedy this or continue on with the strategy of having Kemp send out messages begging people to VSA/work more while pilots are out on furlough? Unfortunately I believe the latter to be their course.

Beck said he thought reserves shouldn't be flying over 40 hours....That happened after the first 10 days. Bring back the hijacked 60!!

Baja.

This so called management couldn't correctly man a local Circle K. I'll give 'em this... they are really good at creating middle managers. Just look at how many dorks you see in green vests w/clip boards the next you're doing your walkaround. Kick me in the nuts, then ask me for a favor; I don't think so!

I agree with you guys. As a minimum the MEC should demand a suspension of VSA while there are people furloughed. That should be the first demand.

Second demand should be a line average no higher than 75 hours. Period.

It depends on how many "answer the call". If many do...then they will keep doing it.

Latest resources

Back