• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska News?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Base chief today said interviews start in Sept with classes of about 10 a month indefinitely.

That's better than the 8 a month indefinitely they told us in 2007 when I was hired.

:(

Oh, well. Good news.

So, rumor is SkyWest is flying some of the "ex-Horizon" routes with the CRJ-900. How do you guys like them apples? Feeling a bit threatened yet? I think you should..

Jumpseated on SKYW yesterday and crew said Q-400's were coming. Also said that a CP went to ANC the week prior to do some scouting (whatever that means.) I think there is a master plan in place....it's just slowly playing out.

Baja.

I'm sure there is a plan because Alaska is not buying anymore 700s that I know of and the 400s are on the way out. I think Alaska Airlines is moving towards high density, longer haul higher profit routes (Hawaii and other major cities). QX and SkyWest are just mainly for supporting that. I could be wrong.

Horizon is on the way out. The Skywest thing is a trial by the company to see if it will work. Guess what, it is working well enough so they will scuttle QX and eliminate yet another employee group and thus, get out of retirement/benefits issues that they presented.

Horizon is on the way out. The Skywest thing is a trial by the company to see if it will work. Guess what, it is working well enough so they will scuttle QX and eliminate yet another employee group and thus, get out of retirement/benefits issues that they presented.

As much as I want to disagree with, I think you are dead on!! Benefits like retirements, healthcare etc are big impediments to profit!!

Latest resources

Back