• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska News?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't worry we'll have bigger problems on our hands when they announce "THE" merger. All this talk of staying independent has got me worried.

AK the fun flew west with the "hen". Now we are saddled with a turd that is too heavy to operate safely in the arctic and the mind-numbing 800 that is too small, under powered cramped pos for everything else..I cant see making a day past 55..I think that we have allready downsized our expectations substantially(something fubi's crowd have never done)...makes it easy to leave early when you know you are getting a whole lot less

The 60+ guys can't retire soon enough. How high and mighty they sound when they stand on that soap box. Many of them weren't even FOs for very long and some have never sat reserve. Get a life and move on, please!

After everyone is ETOPS trained, the next item on training's agenda will be defibrillator training for all FOs.

They're not going anywhere. Any captain who says, "I'm just waiting until I can collect SS benefits" is full of bovine excrement and is gonna fly and pick up extra trips until the last second before turning 65.

Believe it or not, there are some guys here who could fly to 65 and still not make 30 years. Most of them were military for 10 years plus. So while they were serving their country for less than RJ wages, you are a major airline f/o biatching about how unfair life is for you.

Sure I envy those guys who made Captain in 18 months too. But, unlike you, I don't begrudge them their good timing fortune. And if they want to work until they're 65, that's their decision, not yours OR mine.

Believe it or not, there are some guys here who could fly to 65 and still not make 30 years. Most of them were military for 10 years plus. So while they were serving their country for less than RJ wages, you are a major airline f/o biatching about how unfair life is for you.

Sure I envy those guys who made Captain in 18 months too. But, unlike you, I don't begrudge them their good timing fortune. And if they want to work until they're 65, that's their decision, not yours OR mine.

Until age 70, that is....

Until age 70, that is....

Well, in theory, ANY mandated retirement age is discriminatory. Not that I'm an advocate, per se. Just sayin'...

Latest resources

Back