• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska News?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe it could happen. Supposedly a new bid coming out with a bunch of upgrades. We'll see.

Before summer or in the fall? I've heard rumors about a big bid, realignment, upgrades and recalls in the fall, but only excuses why they can't before summer.

Just seemed like an odd time of year to recall. I've got a bud in the last group to come back. I'd like to see him back THIS summer.

Gup

That makes sense. I've got a couple of friends in that last group as well and cannot understand why it'll take so long to get everyone back who wants to come back. From the announcement today the latest is they want everyone back by April 2012. Very disappointing. Anyhow, I appreciate you thinking of our guys.

CP

Comparing previously announced + BIG ANNOUNCEMENT, I see 3 planes added in 2011. How many pilots does it take to fly 3 planes? Here's net gains for the following 3 years:
2012 adds 6 jets, 3 400s retired
2013 adds 9 jets, 3 400s retired
2014 adds 8 jets, 2 400s retired

Chief pilot out flying tonight due to lack of pilots. Said the recalls will happen sooner than previous announced ! Should have all back by end of year!

Would be nice if he'd announce that publicly.

That would mean admitting their staffing model is wrong! Remember reserve utilization for last month was at 48 hrs on average, hmmmm!!

What are ya'll talking about??? We are properly staffed according to GB and TK. "Properly Staffed" = management pilots filling in for the reserves flying GDL and MEX turns. I did get a few JA calls from crew scheduling recently. I'm sure they must have pushed the JA speed dial button by mistake because we are indeed properly staffed!
I feel bad for those poor 60+ guys so I leave the JA and premium trips for them to pick up. They do have to make payments on their airplanes and vacation homes, you know.

Chief pilot out flying tonight due to lack of pilots. Said the recalls will happen sooner than previous announced ! Should have all back by end of year!

I hope so, but I would be a little concerned watching the middle east tensions and the rise of oil. $97 a barrel and climbing...

AS pilots you need to wake up with SkyWest coming in and flying for mainly you and QX. Where does it stop? It scares QX but it should absolutely terrorize your pilot group. Or will you guys open your eyes when they are flying 30 C-series planes with the Eskimo on the tail? Both AS and QX need to join forces and get this delt with!!! One company, one seniority list, all flying done for AGG by AAG pilots!!! We need to get ALPA and the Teamsters to join forces and push through a agreement to mgmt (that would be one of the first good things that they have done). As both of our SCOPES don't help us at all. We learned the QX flt attendents have better scope than both pilot groups. Pay is nothing when you don't have a job or your job is outsoursed. Opinions?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back