• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska News?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
True, but as far as the company is concerned, your accrual stops when you leave, and resumes when you return.

I've been here over 4 years, and still only get 10 days of VAC next year because I spent 7 months out.

Also, my anniversary (for pay purposes) was moved 7 months.

I'm not trying to argue the point. Since the company likes to nit-pik the contract to their advantage, maybe you guys could argue that longevity, per the contract, is not mentioned as being stalled when you are furloughed....just seniority. Seniority is not longevity. Just a thought.

So if you fly the line for one year, then take a voluntary LOA (mil or personal) for 4 years, you come back to year 5 pay?

So if you fly the line for one year, then take a voluntary LOA (mil or personal) for 4 years, you come back to year 5 pay?

Apples and Oranges..... Mil leave (either vol or non-vol) is covered by USERA (federal law) and counts towards longevity.

Personal LOA's are between you and the company as to the terms, usually related to how bad they want people to volunteer.

Furlough is what is negotiated in your contract. Delta has credit for furlough time in longevity in their contract.

I've heard that other airlines that don't have it in their contract have negotiated for it back longevity for the furloughs once the furloughs are back on the list, like AA did, in the past. But that comes down to negotiating priorities of the group for the whole.
LUV

Alaska pilots have that, too. VSAers get to add a few years of longevity to their effective payrate.

Virgin America orders 60 airplanes let the blood bath begin.

Virgin has been competing against Alaska for two years. Alaska is going to have the most profitable year in its 75 year history. What is more airplanes going to do for VA? Aircraft on order has no bearing on profitability or longevity.

"Low-cost Skybus has placed a firm order for 65 Airbus A319 airliners, at a catalog price of about $3.9 billion, the European aircraft manufacturer Airbus said on Thursday."

Last edited:
Virgin has been competing against Alaska for two years. Alaska is going to have the most profitable year in its 75 year history. What is more airplanes going to do for VA? Aircraft on order has no bearing on profitability or longevity.

"Low-cost Skybus has placed a firm order for 65 Airbus A319 airliners, at a catalog price of about $3.9 billion, the European aircraft manufacturer Airbus said on Thursday."
Lets make a small correction.....When they begin to take delivery and grow then they will be competing with Alaska....At the start of the last decade, th"in the know" Alaska guys were saying exactly the same about jetblue and airtran.......history repeats itself

Latest resources

Back