• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska management verbally announces furloughs for

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Soon, they'll say something like 250 furloughs AFTER taking steps to mitigate... 190 letters will go out and get pulled, postponed, etc.

As of now, the early out program has generated interest from 132 pilots. The next step is to finalize paperwork to determine how many will actually go "final," a number which we expect before year-end. In addition, we have 20 pilots who have elected the enhanced leave of absence. Despite speculation that there might be nine furloughs in November, we have not yet issued furlough notice and are hopeful that an involuntary reduction can be avoided through December. Rest assured that all provisions of the CBA will be respected as we work through this process. Finally, I have written to our codeshare partner Korean Airlines advising them that we are in an over-staffed situation and asking for special consideration of Alaska pilots should they have a need for qualified B737 co-pilots. As soon as I have a response I will share it with those who may be interested in working abroad during our downsizing. At this time of uncertainty it is imperative that we communicate often and with specifics. Ask questions, stay informed and I will do my best to keep you up-to-date. Fly safely and have a good week.

Greg

WOW! These guys really aren't so bad afterall!:rolleyes:

I was told GS thinks he can run this airline with a seniority list of 1200 pilots. And with our on time performance and the way our helpful pilot group has been picking up all the open time maybe he is right!

That entire was letter was a load of crap, especially the part about how he's looking out for us by writing to KAL. It's the same old doom and gloom--notice how he's written to KAL about our "over-staffed situation." Greg wants us all to remember that furloughs are still looming--and the number could be considerable.

At least he finally acknowledged that oil going down is a good thing. Couldn't keep up the oil going up=bad, oil going down=bad argument when we all had a good laugh about that one.

That entire was letter was a load of crap, especially the part about how he's looking out for us by writing to KAL. It's the same old doom and gloom--notice how he's written to KAL about our "over-staffed situation." Greg wants us all to remember that furloughs are still looming--and the number could be considerable.

At least he finally acknowledged that oil going down is a good thing. Couldn't keep up the oil going up=bad, oil going down=bad argument when we all had a good laugh about that one.

Gary Beck's bulletin already said oil was still way to expensive. Gregg did noy have to say it this time. They are never happy.

It's interesting that they send these memos out during the weekend. Nothing like sending doom & gloom memos on non-business days, just to try to "ruin" people's mood.

AAG money well spent on Ford Harrison lawyers.

They should change their moniker to CONAIR.

I thought Gary's memo was interesting. He could have just summed it up in these 4 words: "I don't know anything."

Just FYI-

They canceled the flight attendant furlough.

MEC notified the 9 to expect notification of a November 18th furlough.

ZP

Latest resources

Back