• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska management verbally announces furloughs for

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't think for a moment that G.S., B.A., Beck, etc. are clueless. They are playing the game to the fullest. Bean counters and lawyers hard at work. They hide behind their motto, "it's just business" so that they can sleep at nights; they are the same people who live in the grey area but we all know that there is no such a place; it's either black or white. Greedy and evil, pure and simple!

Definitely a game.....and one I've lost interest in following too closely on a day by day basis. I'll just wait for the letter and stop guessing when that's going to happen based on the current statement of the day from mgt.

On a side note, I found it interesting that they should mention KAL. If I'm not mistaken, it looks as though Korean has a 5 year contract. It was mentioned when I submitted my ELOA request that multi-year contracts on the order of 3-5 years would not be accepted...I suppose a 5 year contract is acceptable if you're furloughed however????

The contract where I am going is only 12 months, so this won't be a problem. I just found the comments regarding KAL intriguing.

Last edited:
I guess the furloughs will really start once all our Hawaii flying goes to LAX in January and they reduce ANC to 30 lines.......

If this is new to you then read your bulletins.

This is such a joke. I heard 143 is the new new new number management has come up with and they will start furloughing next month. I don’t think anyone in management has a clue!

I have a feeling the 9 number was to just jerk us around.

I feel like the sucker punch is in motion.

I know this is a long shot, but is management preparing for this:

Delta’s focus is head-to-head with AirTran, analyst says
By KELLY YAMANOUCHI

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Atlanta-based Delta Air Lines is concentrating its growth in Atlanta on markets where it competes head-to-head with AirTran Airways, according to a report from Credit Suisse analyst Daniel McKenzie.

For Delta, Credit Suisse did not rule out further merger and acquisition activity, naming Alaska Air Group and JetBlue Airways as potential targets that would enable Delta to better compete with an “inevitable” Continental-United combination in the future.

I guess the furloughs will really start once all our Hawaii flying goes to LAX in January and they reduce ANC to 30 lines.......

What I find intriguing is that there has been such an intense focus on reduction. The bulletin regarding the start up of ETOPS in LAX specifically mentioned that it related to positioning the company for "future growth". I thought the only focus was on reduction.

It would be a sad day when they shift the ETOPS completely away from ANC. It has been one of the few advantages of commuting up here from SEA.

Not that I'm trying to make sense of any of this...LOL! I stopped trying to do that a while back.

Latest resources

Back