• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska management verbally announces furloughs for

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Plus all the 30 year old guys today will be flying until 65 and saying "well I had to because senior guys did it to me"

Why do so many pilots demand the charity of senior pilots? "Lose your job so I can keep mine". "My lifestyle is more important than yours". "Perpetuate a ridiculous retirement rule so that I can be insulated from the effects of mismanagement or a poor economy".

Defending your own self absorption by pointing out another's is indefensible.

What you may not understand in the case of Alaska is that anyone over sixty can take their full pension based on their pay before the Kasher award and go live a healthy retirement.

I understand the situation at other airlines whose pensions were ripped away. And I don't have the same attitude towards the over 60 groups at United, etc. But if the over 60 group at Alaska didn't plan for their retirement at sixty with a full pension, then they are a pretty sad bunch.

This has nothing to do with me being self-absorbed, but me feeding my family. When a guy had 30 years to plan his retirement and can still get his full pension I think it's time for him to fly off into the sunset.

As someone who is one on that list, I say furlough me. I will not sign a sub-par contract just to avoid furlough. These crooks have over $1 Billion in the bank and think that furloughing us is the answer. I will not be strong-armed into a contract that makes this job even less valuable than it has already become.:angryfire

I wish we had more guys like you on our list at Delta. Best of luck!

Yawn. If you don't agree with someone, they are a "pathetic whiner". If you want to complain and bitch about George Bush, CEO's stealing pensions, GoJets, PFT, Mesa, Picking up open time, PCL, Scabs, Freedom...........it is all of sudden important and by no means something you should 'just get over'. Blah, Blah, Blah............

You've already said all we need to hear on the topic.
I am pretty good at telling whiny F/Os to STFU and swing the gear when told. Those hundreds of thousands will go to me, I want to have hot and cold running teenage hookers on the 60ft sailboat, and if the only way to get them is at the expense of a jack hole like you, I won't even blink twice. I am thinking the hookers will be all blonde with mid size cans, I want them to be able to work the rigging, without worrying about those cans getting rope burns. Oh yeah, I don't spell so good since I have been out of college for a long time, and just don't care, in fact if it annoys you so much the better!
Double dipping into the teenage hooker pool, from 60-65, YEAH! At your expense!
By the way, you're still this guy:
http://www.theonion.com/content/node/30572

I do agree with you on some things, though.
Removal of all 4 valve stem cores would start as a warning, followed by a good ole tire slash as a second warning would speak volumes to the turd eaters who would step on the backs of their own.
PBR

Last edited:
Yawn. If you don't agree with someone, they are a "pathetic whiner". If you want to complain and bitch about George Bush, CEO's stealing pensions, GoJets, PFT, Mesa, Picking up open time, PCL, Scabs, Freedom...........it is all of sudden important and by no means something you should 'just get over'. Blah, Blah, Blah............

You've already said all we need to hear on the topic.

By the way, you're still this guy:
http://www.theonion.com/content/node/30572

I do agree with you on some things, though.
Ya gotta admit, the bit about mid size cans was spot on. The only rope burns should come from the S&M gear, not the sailboat, subtle but significant difference! If I gotta buy boner pills from your pay, oh well, life is tough, get over it. Hot and cold teen hotties on a boat, doesn't get any better than that!
PBR

This is a similar situation to the MD80 retirements...all the senior management types were saying that their was enough training slots so that none of us would be sitting at home when the airplanes went away...Look what happended.

This time...senior management is saying we want 165 guys gone but where are they going to come from? Of the 165 probably 80 are ANC/FO's...who's gonna do your Hawaii flying? The school house is at 110% capacity now...There is no way anybody hits the street until next Spring at the earliest...or we stop flying to Hawaii...but that's not gonna happen.

Later

Ya gotta admit, the bit about mid size cans was spot on.

No argument there.

I'll get over it the second you get over giving Scabs, PFT'ers, CEOs, Hulas, Gojets, (ex Waterski myself) and the rest a hard time.

They're all in the same boat as far as I'm concerned. I truly don't see how you can have such a problem jumping seniority and no problem whatsoever with helping yourself to another five years of it. But hey, it seems you've settled in as a lifer regional Captain and simply don't care because it isn't affecting you personally. Good for you, you got yours. Everyone else can suck it while you laugh. You sound just like Sanjay.

Life is indeed tough, and people screwing you is part of it. Letting those people tell themselves that they didn't screw you and pretending that it didn't matter just means that they turned you out.

Last edited:
Ya gotta admit, the bit about mid size cans was spot on. The only rope burns should come from the S&M gear, not the sailboat, subtle but significant difference! If I gotta buy boner pills from your pay, oh well, life is tough, get over it. Hot and cold teen hotties on a boat, doesn't get any better than that!
PBR

I think the word "pedophile" might apply here Mr Teen lover. Actually, does anyone remember that Fed Ex guy Culpepper who had his own site with pics of the hookers? I think we might have found him. Who says "hot and cold teen hotties" anyway? You sound as queer as a football bat. Tool.

Last edited:
Picking up VSA stops today. Non negotiable.

RESERVE PILOTS:
If you call in sick after you've worked the Min Guarantee of 75 hours, you will not be charged sick time. No penalty. Just tell them that the thought of being put on the street while every analyst agrees that we are second to (or better positioned than) Southwest, with a $BILLION in the bank makes you sick to your stomach.

LINE HOLDERS:

Every minute you work over the min guarantee of 75 hours is a minute that the guy Bill is threatening to cut should be doing the flying. Losing that seven hours of pay sucks, but the guy you flew with last week stands to lose 75 hours of pay. The time to MAN UP and act like a Union is NOW.

If the company can cover the schedule with guys working more than the absolute minimum, they will. If you are one of those guys, you are helping Bill take your fellow pilot's paycheck and turn it into a bonus for himself.

I also agree wholeheartedly to not let my being furloughed be used to leverage anyone to take it in the ass on the contract. My getting clipped won't mean a thing if there isn't a decent job to come back to.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back