• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska management verbally announces furloughs for

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why would you expect a VSA'er, who's averaging 100+ hours of credit a month to donate to a $35/hour reserve FO's furlough fund?

These poor VSA'ers have 2nd or 3rd houses to take care of. They also may have a boat or an airplane and they need money to put gas in the tank for their weekend fun.

Talked to the SEA assistant Chief today and he says that they (the Chiefs, Tom included) are not in the loop on the layoff thing and that it is happening over at corporate (G.S.) and they are finding out as we all are finding out. Nice way of doing business!!!!
NOT!!

Shouldn't we be trying to unite our pilot group? Let's not focus--especially in a public forum--on the few bad apples. I think the majority of our group will step up to the plate. There will always be those that dissent, but airing our dirty laundry here isn't going to change that. If you know or fly with one of these guys on the other hand, that's the time to share your point of view.

Just my $0.02. Carry on.

Yeah, AAG is in financial dire straits. The sky is falling... gloom & doom... etc.

I know, right?!? A bbbbbbillion in the bank, and the second best hedges in the industry! Christ, we're one step from the soup kitchen.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back