• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska management verbally announces furloughs for

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nobody really knows what they are going to do. Rumors fly around more than our planes.

My .02 is that this is the beginning of more, how much more is the $1 mil question...

Even though this is the airline that will run a class of two, I doubt they're going to furlough only nine pilots. Either there is going to be more or they're full of shizz.

The nine are the only ones left that will not be off probation. I really don't think this number is random. I think they have something up their sleeve by "selecting" these nine guys.:angryfire

Not entirely true. There are a bunch of pilots who started on November 13 of last year. I'm surprised they weren't thrown into the mix by management.

I probably shouldn't give them any ideas.

The nine are the only ones left that will not be off probation. I really don't think this number is random. I think they have something up their sleeve by "selecting" these nine guys.:angryfire

Last edited:
Not entirely true. There are a bunch of pilots who started on November 13 of last year. I'm surprised they weren't thrown into the mix by management.

I probably shouldn't give them any ideas.

OK Baze, you caught me;) I don't think management could plan that well though, so they gave themselves three days leeway on probationary guys.....oh wait. I'm sorry. They are really good planners since they will furlough these nine guys for 24 months because they know what the world will look like in two years.:rolleyes:

Sorry QCappy, I wasn't trying to be nit-picky.

Only time will tell what Ford & Harrison is telling Angle Lake to do.

OK Baze, you caught me;) I don't think management could plan that well though, so they gave themselves three days leeway on probationary guys.....oh wait. I'm sorry. They are really good planners since they will furlough these nine guys for 24 months because they know what the world will look like in two years.:rolleyes:

We work for a company that is morally and ethically bankrupt.

This will always be the case. Good luck to the 9 furloughs. Management will put these pilots on the street to prove a point, regardless of what section 23A1 states. I believe the term is fly than griev. I also see way to much I got mine going on with the older pilots too, which will ultimately lead to this pilot group caving.

Comments like, "don't reduce the block hours," "furlough is part of the job," and "I can't believe we will be charged an assessment for furloughed pilot's cobra" says it all. We are at turning point for alpa at Alaska. Are we going to be a union or not?

Just being a realist.

...."I can't believe we will be charged an assessment for furloughed pilot's cobra" says it all.

You're totally correct. I wouldn't say the majority is this way but quite a few are. I take my hats off to the NWA ALPA - when over 700 of us wee furloughed in 2002 the pilots gave between $4-12 a month to take care of the furloughees medical COBRA. I for one will be one of the first to voluntarily give for COBRA assistance. As far as I'm concerned, the Co should pay their COBRA since they were the ones to missmanage this company to the point of furlough!

Baja.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back