• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska management verbally announces furloughs for

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just for reference, we have 1500 active pilots on the senioirty list (170 on furlough) flying about 135-140 airplanes over at Airtran. You guys either have a great contract or are overstaffed.

Or airtran is understaffed. Keep flying that overtime. Screw the guys on the street.

Or airtran is understaffed. Keep flying that overtime. Screw the guys on the street.
We staff our planes with about 11 pilots per airplane just like Southwest and Jetblue. I would imagine Southwest is one of your biggest competitors on the west coast. If your costs are out of line with theirs, I would put my money on their business model to win out over time. They have taken on bigger in the west coast (ie United, American/Aircal in SJC).

Last edited:
We staff our planes with about 11 pilots per airplane just like Southwest and Jetblue.
According to Airlinepilotcentral, Jetblue=14.12 pilots per plane.

Does Southwest build 90+ hour lines?

Forget about WN buy-out of / merger with ALK.

Looks like AirTran & ALK were made for each other. Sounds like both management teams operate the same way.

AirTran & ALK will merge, with around 350 pilots off the property, combined. After the seniority list integration debacle, etc., management will try to get a new, way sub-standard, contract signed or the 350 hostages will not be recalled.

Meanwhile, senior pilots will continue picking up overtime.

Good times...

You're killin' me Baze.....Very funny and also possible. Starting your 5 days eh? You know if you do the 4am you can be sluggin' brew by 5 right? It's my last day off today and I'm off to find a Charger game to watch!

Baja.

Yeah, starting my 5-day. I'll sling my beer around 8:00 PM, which is fine with me.

Maybe I'll have an office job soon, so I won't have to worry about watching the clock when it comes to consuming adult beverages.

You're killin' me Baze.....Very funny and also possible. Starting your 5 days eh? You know if you do the 4am you can be sluggin' brew by 5 right? It's my last day off today and I'm off to find a Charger game to watch!

Baja.

Ya can't drink all day if you don't start early.

Latest resources

Back