• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska - G.S. FIRED?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I love how still no memo from anyone in management talking about actual furloughs. It has all been a great search to find the furlough reduction and this latest reduction.

Great leadership.

bid does not mean another 47 furloughs. furlough numbers are unknown until the bid results are posted. worst case 47 additional furloughs, best case no more furloughs.

bid does not mean another 47 furloughs. furlough numbers are unknown until the bid results are posted. worst case 47 additional furloughs, best case no more furloughs.

Good case: no furloughs. Better case: We start hiring, with a new contract. Best case: I upgrade, with a new pre-Kasher paycheck+inflation, Lions win the Superbowl.

Okay, okay, let's not get too silly: Lion break 500.

Would 47 be the total number they need to reduce? So 15 more furloughs ??? And what happened to the 47 or 48 guys that were going to retire per our membership chair? looks like we are about 20 or so short?

The 47 is in addition to the 32 being furlouged. If you look at the Base Position Lists included in the reduction notice, those 32 are not there.

As far as the amount of people taking early outs, This info was based on a December 3rd number. However, those that applied for the early out actually have a few more weeks to fully decide. I think this is why they haven't put out a furlough number yet because they are waiting for the ultimate deadline to see how many furloughs they need.

The reduction had to come out now to facilitate a reduction in march. However the furlough notices only need a thirty day notice. We will know on January 5th how many furloughs there will be....I think?

How many 60+ guys are hanging around? These guys weren't stripped of pensions like folks at UAL, DAL etc...Now the fate of an additional 47, and possibly the current 32 hangs in the balance. These guys ought to do us all a favor and take the 100 G's and enjoy retirement rather than fly 'till they die.

Latest resources

Back