Alaska ANYONE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
keep your eyes peeled

Shwing dude! I'll see you there in ORD. BTW: How's the homework coming along? You getting all As?

I got the call this morning for an interview. Pretty excited to have a chance to get on at Alaska. Looking for some current info on the process and what to expect. Sim? Types of questions? Structure of the interview day? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

RR

Anyone know the typical response time before they let you know yes or no after the interview? I thought I read somewhere that with the previous CP people were often notified the day of the interview or the next day.

Now that there is a different Chief pilot in office would this have changed? Thanks for the info. and best of luck to those with interviews upcoming.

I interviewed on a Friday, got the call on the following Wed. 'Course, it was bad news, but I didn't get the sense that the call-back would have been any different if it were good news. I think it just depends on how desperate they are to fill a class. Just before I interviewed, the people that did their second interview with the CP were getting offers that day, but they were offers for, in some cases, classes less than two weeks away.

Thanks Stearmandriver-In my case the interview was for a class date 4-5 weeks away. Hopefully this won't make them more selective because of increased lead time.You always think of things you could have done/said better the next day......

Any phone calls yet?

Well it was great to see Alaska in ORD this past weekend, I wish all of you luck trying to get on. Please post any interviews on here or at aviationinterviews.com I think the phones might be ringing soon on my end?

your phone ringing

That's right Casanova, you phone will start ringing because of all those girlfriends you have line up in the overnight cities--you playboy, you give pilots a bad name with all that womanizing!

Alaska will be calling you--I saw you flirting with them!!

Alaska

I just received the phone call today for a second interview! Any Alaska pilots, where are they basing new hires. Are most going to the MD80's or 737's??? Thanks ahead of time..:)

Talked with some gals in HR today and they said looks like 200 new pilots next year. And yes a buch will be going to the MD to back fill spots for guys transfering over to the 737. I also heard 5 more airplanes than original planned for next year. Hope its all true!

Guess the right hand and left hand arn't talking again as just after I posted the above hiring numbers from HR the VP of Flight ops gives us a e-mail saying:

Current plans for hiring:
2006 103
2007 58
2008 67

I don't think those numbers even cover retiring guys. I think we have 75 next year alone and that does not count guys going early and medicals!

????????

Latest resources

Back