Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska Airlines increases hiring minimums.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
...and another thing...since the Kashhole I have not had ONE person ask me for any help getting on at Alaska. What does that tell you? Don't answer that. I already know what it tells you. My point is that the pool of good candidates shrunk significantly after the cut and these new mins won't help.

Honesty, do you HAVE to have a recommendation to get on at Alaska? I've heard that the times are a secondary issue to knowing someone.

Honesty, do you HAVE to have a recommendation to get on at Alaska? I've heard that the times are a secondary issue to knowing someone.
Not 100% on this but I think the majority still walk in with either a LOR or a handshake from the CP at OBAP/WIA/Kit Darby, etc.

of course it helps to know someone as it does in every job, but i know that knocking the company you are applying to dosen't help much either. i agree that time is not the only thing a company should look at. there should be others ways to get noticed. right now it seems to be internal recs. as a group we should come up with other ways to get noticed. until then we must all play the game in order to win.

I wouldn't think anyone (military or not) would get hired with less than 3000
hours anyways.

Maybe I'm missing the point but if I had the choice between a fighter dude that spent 15 years getting 3k hours in a purely tactical environment vs. a civilian/tanker dude that did it in 5 in an operational environment I'd rather have the recency and abundance of quality time.

Call me crazy.

Gup

Those mins are very reasonable...but then again, we've had 6 resignations in 6 weeks so maybe they should look at something else other than mins. They're far to arrogant for that though.

Wait, wait, wait! You had 6 resignations at ALASKA AIRLINES?! did I read this right?!

Doesn't almost running out of fuel and landing with 6 gallons of gas, make a regular operational day in the military.
I think if you can pull that off and not have the superior training of a military pilot that makes you pretty good.
Anyways why would any of you military guys want to work at such a puny little place like Alaska, we all know your far better then that...

Aren't the unwritten "competitive" mins way above 3000TT anyway. There's lots of guys out on the street from just American that have a ton part 121 and military experience and tons of time in civil airliners. I don't think Alaska is worried about the experience pool.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back