• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska Airlines Furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Furlough swallows, yes it does and my thoughts are with the furloughees. Sitting reserve sucks, no doubt about it. Now, Delta buying our tiny little company.... You think we'll be taken care of by our "DALPA brothers and sisters"?
Still waiting for ALPA to "take it back".

Ill talke my chances with DALPA than with this ALPO MEC. They're doing nothing for me. "The RBBP program will mitigate furloughs" they say. My March 2nd letter hasn't been cancelled yet as a result of this fantastic program......

Furlough swallows, yes it does and my thoughts are with the furloughees. Sitting reserve sucks, no doubt about it. Now, Delta buying our tiny little company.... You think we'll be taken care of by our "DALPA brothers and sisters"?
Still waiting for ALPA to "take it back".

It doesn't matter what DALPA wants. Seniority integration ends up in binding arbitration. No more staple jobs allowed.

Ill talke my chances with DALPA than with this ALPO MEC. They're doing nothing for me. "The RBBP program will mitigate furloughs" they say. My March 2nd letter hasn't been cancelled yet as a result of this fantastic program......

So what do you want our MEC to do?? They don't dictate what the company does. They don't issue staffing numbers to the company.

BTW, people need to sign up for the RBBP for it to mitigate furloughs. Has anyone signed up yet?

If you are in the next round, are you going to ask for ALPA to cover your Health Care, wait ALPA has done nothing for you.

......What kind of F'd up place is this? The Co is trying to deny moving expenses for cars if you don't move your entire household and the union says "expense it then grieve it." Again...F'd up! I WELCOME DAL....come and SAVE us please. Flush this Mngmt and union leadership. What happened to the Co-terminal? Union says "if the co wanted it they could have blah blah blah..." What about what the PILOTS wanted? F'd up!......

Baja Out!

Baja, where in the CBA does it reference moving expenses for a crashpad?
So you want to remove an agreed upon staffing number in a LOA. Have you asked your rep why the 205 number is in there?

The company sets the BPL number, not the union.

If you don't want to go to ANC, I'm sure at least one of the 79 would take your place.

Read Sect 6 dude. It states what the Co will pay for if it's a company paid move. I does NOT state differences between household or crash pad.

As for the 205 - The Union could have offered to lower that number to take care of it's brothers. I doubt we will get the Co-terminal back. It didn't really help the CO, but it sure helped the guys/gals that lived in the OC and in San Diego.

Baja.

Baja, where in the CBA does it reference moving expenses for a crashpad?
So you want to remove an agreed upon staffing number in a LOA. Have you asked your rep why the 205 number is in there?

The company sets the BPL number, not the union.

If you don't want to go to ANC, I'm sure at least one of the 79 would take your place.

It didn't really help the CO, but it sure helped the guys/gals that lived in the OC and in San Diego.

Baja.

I hope you don't really believe that. Airlines do NOTHING that does not benefit them first. If it made some pilots happy, that was an unintended consequence.

So what do you want our MEC to do?? They don't dictate what the company does. They don't issue staffing numbers to the company.

BTW, people need to sign up for the RBBP for it to mitigate furloughs. Has anyone signed up yet?

If you are in the next round, are you going to ask for ALPA to cover your Health Care, wait ALPA has done nothing for you.

I want them to stay on the company's a$$ in regards to getting the NMB to make them abide by the contract which says that any program created will PREVENT(not mitigate) furloughs. First paragraph in section 23. Read it. It doesn't surprise me that the company is still stalling on the grievances that are out there about furloughing us out of contract. Even with a labor friendly NMB to boot! They're too busy preparing for the strike. Which I don't care about cause I wont be here anyway. I was told that 50+ people are in the RBBP this month alone. Not the mention the (50 or so) early outs that were supposed to reduce furloughs 1 for 1. What ever happened to them?!?

Oh, and there's so much ALPA red tape with that health care assessment it takes forever to actually see any money from it. I'll find a desk job with health care before I receive one dime. Which probably was the original intent anyway. There goes more of my $$$ into ALPO's pocket. If I knew all that red tape existed, I would've' voted no.

Last edited:
I want them to stay on the company's a$$ in regards to getting the NMB to make them abide by the contract which says that any program created will PREVENT(not mitigate) furloughs. First paragraph in section 23. Read it. It doesn't surprise me that the company is still stalling on the grievances that are out there about furloughing us out of contract. Even with a labor friendly NMB to boot! They're too busy preparing for the strike. Which I don't care about cause I wont be here anyway. I was told that 50+ people are in the RBBP this month alone. Not the mention the (50 or so) early outs that were supposed to reduce furloughs 1 for 1. What ever happened to them?!?

Oh, and there's so much ALPA red tape with that health care assessment it takes forever to actually see any money from it. I'll find a desk job with health care before I receive one dime. Which probably was the original intent anyway. There goes more of my $$$ into ALPO's pocket. If I knew all that red tape existed, I would've' voted no.

Turbo, your "Arctic Eagle" image is really coming through. Okay first off, the NMB has NOTHING to do with our current contract. The NMB is only an oversight board for current negotiations. The legal process dealing with violations of our CBA is an Arbitrator. Read the MEC update from today, it explains this in detail.

"I was told," that is your first mistake, taking 2nd hand information as the truth. There were only 13 pilots on the RBBP in Feb.

The EOs, yes they did save jobs. The furloughed number would have been increased by 47 more if it wasn't for the EO.

I would like to know what Red Tape you are talking about with the HCA. The first reimbursements are going out this week. As far as the money going into ALPA's pocket. You must have not read the HCA information, as when the fund is closed, the money will be returned to the pilots. So please share what the red tape is.

So please get informed before you make statements next time. With someone like you, no matter what I say, you will always be correct (with your 2nd hand information).

Read Sect 6 dude. It states what the Co will pay for if it's a company paid move. I does NOT state differences between household or crash pad.

As for the 205 - The Union could have offered to lower that number to take care of it's brothers. I doubt we will get the Co-terminal back. It didn't really help the CO, but it sure helped the guys/gals that lived in the OC and in San Diego.

Baja.

The past history with our CBA and company paid moves from displacements only cover household. This has been based on your address on file with the company. Feel free to file a grievance, but be ready for it take years to get resolved with no money for you.

The co-terminal. I guess you never called or asked you status rep why the 205 number is there. I'm not going to state the reason on a public forum, that is why I encouraged you to talk to your rep, or MEC officer. BTW, it did help the company. The LA area hotel rooms were less. The cost of the Super Shuttle was getting very costly, almost off setting the savings from the hotel rooms. Bottom line the co-terminal was saving the company money.

340 - You still won't touch on why the MEC didn't allow the 205 to be lowered. I don't care if it benefited to co or not. It BENEFITED the dues paying pilots that lived in the area! I have talked to A.H. and he game no explanation as to why other than the usual "MEC isn't budging while there is a contract to settle." How does this help the SNA locals?

Baja.

Latest resources

Back