Alaska Air announcement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Erlanger

Announcement on Jan 25th. on the future of Horizon and a new codeshare agreement with another regional to operate CRJ700s.

Thanks for the heads up. Most people already feel crappy about how the 25th will end for us. We (QX pilots) are quite sure that you (Skywest) will come and fly (our QX 700's) for lower pay. Good luck with the old RJ captains or shall I say future Q400 captains. We look forward to sharing a ramp with you.

Lets talk about options that will be announced. I will start:
1. SkyWest comes in an flies 8-12 RJs out of a PDX domicile. QX takes the name Alaska Air Express along will Skywest so pax can't tell the difference.

2. SkyWest Buys us and then have issues with intigrading seniority lists. BIG issues because we have some 10 years FO's that will want the upgrade. Let's not even talk about a staple.

3. AAG decides to liquidate QX and have SkyWest do everything for them. Then there are nearly 650 pilots on the street. I don't see that happening because mgmt got the contract that they wanted.

4. Very far fetched. SKyWEst will do the Jet flying in the west and QX will do the prop flying. IE cali,

5. In the end this could be disasterous for the Honorable QX pilot group.

6. OK, your turn.

Thanks for the heads up. Most people already feel crappy about how the 25th will end for us. We (QX pilots) are quite sure that you (Skywest) will come and fly (our QX 700's) for lower pay. Good luck with the old RJ captains or shall I say future Q400 captains. We look forward to sharing a ramp with you.

What else is new?

Earnings announced on the 25th. If they are going to jerk around feeder operation that would be the day to announce it. Not to offend ERlanger but ALK might also comment on the operation of 116 737's as well.

Alaska mgmt has been around Memphis lately as well, don't be so sure they won't go for BBQ'ers over the mormons

Bombardier flew the E-195 demonstrator into the old SGU, but that doesn't mean that SkyWest was interested in purchasing.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back