• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska Air announcement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bombardier flew the E-195 demonstrator into the old SGU, but that doesn't mean that SkyWest was interested in purchasing.

Wow Bombardier is flying around trying to sell a competitors airplane... That is news! That new C series they're working on must suck.

I've heard the SKW/QX rumors. I'll believe it when I see it. But IMHO, if there were ever a 'healthy' merger, it would be between QX and SKW. Sure, some pilots would get the short end of the stick (someone ALWAYS does) but it would be good over all and better for EVERYONE long-term.

-Long-term turbo prop ops. (there will ALWAYS be a market for this)
-Continued jet flying for QX guys.
-Expanded base opportunities for both groups (particularly those wanting to return to their respective homes in DEN, and the PNW)
-With 3,500 pilots, any attrition will mean much faster upgrade opportunities for QX peeps. (SKW too but QX has been stagnant longer)
-Not a HUGE disparity of hire date/relative seniority.

I've heard the SKW/QX rumors. I'll believe it when I see it. But IMHO, if there were ever a 'healthy' merger, it would be between QX and SKW. Sure, some pilots would get the short end of the stick (someone ALWAYS does) but it would be good over all and better for EVERYONE long-term.

-Long-term turbo prop ops. (there will ALWAYS be a market for this)
-Continued jet flying for QX guys.
-Expanded base opportunities for both groups (particularly those wanting to return to their respective homes in DEN, and the PNW)
-With 3,500 pilots, any attrition will mean much faster upgrade opportunities for QX peeps. (SKW too but QX has been stagnant longer)
-Not a HUGE disparity of hire date/relative seniority.

Don't get your hopes up. If they do buy you, you will be keep separete just like the other union carriers they own. Becareful what you wish for.

The pace of negotiations did seem to move very quickly for Pinnacle. An interesting theory to say the least.

Lots of rumors. Just hope the Horizon Pilots don't get screwed. One of the few groups that have stood up for the industry and gotten good wages.
Thank you Horizon Pilots.

Lots of rumors. Just hope the Horizon Pilots don't get screwed. One of the few groups that have stood up for the industry and gotten good wages.
Thank you Horizon Pilots.

So did CMR...anyone see a trend here?

I'll help you all with the speculations. Skywest is not buying Horizon. It's very simple. Horizon exists as it does now and will fly the Q400s and Skywest is added on as a codeshare partner to fly afew CRJ700s for Alaska. That's the announcement come the 25th.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back