• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not putting anything down!

Airtran717 said:
Just for the record.

. . .All 15 of us . . . . need to put down our bongs and report to gate double zero(00) immediately!

Heh-heh . . . you're killin' me . . . .

First, they'll have to pry that bong from my kung-fu grip! :cool:

Last edited:
I'm leaving AirTran. I just got a class date to begin training at FedEx.
I have nothing but respect and good memories (OK, one or two that I've flown with have been wankers) of the pilot group at AirTran. I owe a debt of gratitude to all those who helped me become a better pilot in my time there.
{{echo on}} We have our labor/management issues, but overall I've had a great time, good QOL, and good pay. Frankly, because of many personal factors, I had to think long and hard whether or not to go to FedEx.
I say: Rock on my fellow Citrus brothers and sisters.

I like the Cpt's with 64 or 65*** empl #'s that don't know what double zero is when I say on the inrange "yes sir I've got a message for you, they'll need you to take that open book test in OO" and he goes..."what's 00"?

I've been here 2.5 years Very Very Very Happy!!!!!! It was my first choice!!!!!
Could things be better??? Sure, there's things I would change. Is it what I had at my dream job 5 years ago? No, but those days are long gone=I would rather work for "Penny Pinchers" and have a job! If you think this is a bad gig, you've not been around much.

AppBrookie said:
I've been here 2.5 years Very Very Very Happy!!!!!! It was my first choice!!!!!
Could things be better??? Sure, there's things I would change. Is it what I had at my dream job 5 years ago? No, but those days are long gone=I would rather work for "Penny Pinchers" and have a job! If you think this is a bad gig, you've not been around much.

HE hehhehehehehehehehhehe

What AirTran "penny pinches" on is the IT dept. It's called keeping it simple

Who needs huge LCD's at the gate with the Flt #, desitnation, seats available, seats reserved, seats claimed, standbys for upgrade, standbys for seats, etc.? It's nice but not necessary. That is where AirTran does the "penny pinching." Crap if there is a choice between the huge LCD's or aircraft, well I guess a majority would take the aircraft. All you need is a board with the flight # and the destination. Simple.

Who needs a huge corporate complex covering X amount of acres with a dorm, swimming pool, offices for 40+ vp's, a cafeteria, etc.? I will be glad to have more aircraft.

AirTran mgt believe it or not does things pretty well as far as spending money is concerned. No huge corporate complexes, no LCD's at the gates, no complex expensive BS. So we get more aircraft.

As far as training goes. No spoon feeding. Either learn it or get out. Sounds fair to me.

I am having a great time here. I hope that it is my last stop.

Last edited:
Phaedrus said:
I'm leaving AirTran. I just got a class date to begin training at FedEx.
I have nothing but respect and good memories . . . . . I say: Rock on my fellow Citrus brothers and sisters.

Congratulations to you, for getting the job that you prefer. This place will be a little worse for your departure, but you'll be helping the rest of us by sending a message to management, and that message is . . . . . "This isn't the only gig in town, so you'd better give these guys the contract they want, or spend it in on a new revolving door for the Training Center".

We'll listen for ya on that "Hali Lamma" Arrival into MEM . . . . . ! :beer:

jimcav said:
Hey 80for80 I know I just asked this on another thread but what does 80for80 mean? what is the significance of that name?

OMG. Without reading this whole thread, and apologies if this has been answered, I am amazed that someone would pick that for a name.

80 for 80 (for 80) means this: "I will take your job while you negotiate or strike. I will fly your MD-80 for 80 hours a month for $80K a year." It is a scab mantra and comes from many years ago.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back