airTran Training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
XRAY,
I don't really know how it is at Airtran nor do I really care. The few pilots I know who work there are good guys. One hates it, the other says it is better than flying for a regional. They both say the company takes the cheapest way out of everything. So I must believe that includes training and hiring. Hell, even your own people on this board talk of how penny pinching they are. I agree though that your first mistake was listning to the likes of Ty Webb and some of the other bozo Airtran pilots on this board. -9 Capt and Bozley come to mind. It may suck in Atlanta where you are but be glad you don't work for Delta.

I have enjoyed my time at AirTran.. do we work hard .. yup... are we cheap.. yup.. It is frustrating sometimes.. but the industry has changed a bit if anyone hasnt noticed. Load em up.. move em out.. Sorry... pilots didnt make the change.. Heck.. I'd love crew meals.. half full birds.. hot fas and 5 star hotels like 'back in the day'... get over it man. Fly, have some fun..

Good safe pilots.. most have a good background with varied experience. ATA folks are great.. Keep hiring all that will come Steph.

Xray.. wow man.. You must have been flying with a few geeks dude.. let it go. Every try fishing ? sitting on a lake with a cold one on your days off.. That where I'm headed for 4 days.. Later.. Peace I'm out..

You guys keep arguing and fighting ... my airline is better than yours.. please.

AirTran is cool... dont listen to the disgruntled..

C.I. Speaks- The Company Idiot!

xrayojilp said:
The fact is the company was and is a horrific hellhole and has been for 10 years

You're out of your mind. If you have been here for a year, and a half, you are probably getting 16-17 days off a month and 85-90 hours credit. You have a 12 hour max duty day. That's a hell-hole? GMAFB!

Good luck in your efforts to find something else. Whatever you find, I doubt you'll be happy there, either.

The Good Life

Hired Feb 06. Life is good . . . captains are professional and do a great job . . . trips are good, the 737 is a good airplane . . . hopefully, my last uniform. Could it be better . . . yea, but some people would complain if they had to work two days a month, and come in on a third day to pick up their $15,000/month paycheck. And no, I'm not saying I get paid that.

Hope you find what you're looking for . . . life is too short otherwise . . .
'Props

I'm not talking about work rules or pay and I think you know this. You could give most people this schedule and this pay and then treat them like crap and its not worth it to them(most of them). The one thing that I've learned from airtran is that happiness, personal dignity, and self respect (don't have any personal dignity left, but..) are worth more to me than materialistic mumbo jumbo. (Sound like a commie, but its true).

I mean you are really just helping me make my point. I would almost pay to get away from this abusive environment. Actually eventually I will if you think about it. Ty you are a captain on the 737, supposedly, you are pretty much immune to the hazing and abusive behavior that is directed to FO's. The old school eastern you are a piece of crap until you upgrade attitude. WTF would you even know what I am talking about? I am a professional pilot or I was until I came here, I will not tolerate this for long, I am not in boot camp, I am an adult(technically) with certain expectations from my employer when it comes to professionalism.

I' m sure you do though, don't tell me you have never had any problems with the 'culture' of the company. I really don't think that I can believe it. Especially for someone who was there for 5 years.

What hazing and abusive behavior? Do you have examples? Seriously I am an FO here and have not had any problems with any captains. No hazing abuse etc.

Is it the captains that like to tell you when to call ground, ramp, tower etc? (tell them to take a hike, I have been in this industry for x years, I was a 121 captain for x years, I think I know what I am doing, at least that is what I tell them) They don't let you fly? Do they throw crap at you? Do they yell?

I am having a great time here. Sorry that it is not working out for you.

xrayojilp said:
I'm not talking about work rules or pay and I think you know this. You could give most people this schedule and this pay and then treat them like crap and its not worth it to them(most of them). The one thing that I've learned from airtran is that happiness, personal dignity, and self respect (don't have any personal dignity left, but..) are worth more to me than materialistic mumbo jumbo. (Sound like a commie, but its true).

I mean you are really just helping me make my point. I would almost pay to get away from this abusive environment. Actually eventually I will if you think about it. Ty you are a captain on the 737, supposedly, you are pretty much immune to the hazing and abusive behavior that is directed to FO's. The old school eastern you are a piece of crap until you upgrade attitude. WTF would you even know what I am talking about? I am a professional pilot or I was until I came here, I will not tolerate this for long, I am not in boot camp, I am an adult(technically) with certain expectations from my employer when it comes to professionalism.

I' m sure you do though, don't tell me you have never had any problems with the 'culture' of the company. I really don't think that I can believe it. Especially for someone who was there for 5 years.
"...don't have any personal dignity left, but..." and "pay to get away from this abusive environment"
Someone get me a tissue I'm getting all misty eyed over here!
Suck it up and be a man for a change Nancy!
Send a resume to the ACLU flight department. You guys could all hold hands, sing Kumbaya and reaffirm one anothers personal dignity.

Just for the record.

About 15 of us have posted on here that we actually like it here and think its not that bad a place to be and YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE posting that you hate it and it sucks, not one person that works here has agreed with you.

So either.....

A ) All 15 of us are completely whacked out of our heads and need to put down our bongs and report to gate double zero(00) immediately!

or

B) Its you and you wouldnt be satisfied anywhere.

Im betting the answer is (B).

Now in all fairness maybe there was an isolated incident that you went through where you felt like it wasnt handled with complete professionalism. But I'm willing to bet those kind of things happen no matter what airline you are at. Either way, have another six pack man. Everything always works out in the end. I dont think this is the Utopia, but I do sincerely like it here and have been treated very well by everyone.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back