• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran TA2

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Excellent question as I have an interview next month. I have to be honest, I don't have a really good feeling about what's going on over there...

If you are looking to upgrade in 4+ years, work for a company that will live or die by it's own decisions, fly nice airplanes, etc...you will enjoy working for the company. I made a little over 150k last year(8 yr 717Ca) for you "lateral move" regional guys/gals.

Say what you will, this company will not invest in anything that does not get a return. They are not tied to a "mainline" anything. If you don't like to fly, look some where else. Show at the interview knowing we wear hats, push wheelchairs, pull tickets and fetch strollers, program the FMS and even -gasp- as a captain- do a walk around if it will help move things along. To base a decision soley on how contract talks are going is short sighted in my opinion. If this stuff makes you queasy you will hate it at AirTran.

Go with your gut. High cost structure airlines have always had great success. You should have no trouble finding one.

For me, I could not sign up again fast enough.

If you are looking to upgrade in 4+ years, work for a company that will live or die by it's own decisions, fly nice airplanes, etc...you will enjoy working for the company. I made a little over 150k last year(8 yr 717Ca) for you "lateral move" regional guys/gals.

Say what you will, this company will not invest in anything that does not get a return. They are not tied to a "mainline" anything. If you don't like to fly, look some where else. Show at the interview knowing we wear hats, push wheelchairs, pull tickets and fetch strollers, program the FMS and even -gasp- as a captain- do a walk around if it will help move things along. To base a decision soley on how contract talks are going is short sighted in my opinion. If this stuff makes you queasy you will hate it at AirTran.

Go with your gut. High cost structure airlines have always had great success. You should have no trouble finding one.

For me, I could not sign up again fast enough.

Yup, what he said...

Show at the interview knowing we wear hats, push wheelchairs, pull tickets and fetch strollers, program the FMS and even -gasp- as a captain- do a walk around if it will help move things along. To base a decision soley on how contract talks are going is short sighted in my opinion. If this stuff makes you queasy you will hate it at AirTran.

]

Great. That is a big help to get the company to fix these problems. You might, but we don't.

Lear70 -
You’ve done a great job with your presentation. I’m just confused with the 1st year FO pay chart. It’s listed as:

Current 42.75....Proposed 38.50....9.01% TA Increase

Since they want to lower the first year pay, shouldn’t it say Decrease or maybe have a minus sign in front of it?

Thanks…

Wish y’all the best!

You missed the negative symbol in the TA pay chart.

You missed the negative symbol in the TA pay chart.
He was right, I made all those charts and rebuttal in about 4 hours, and there were a few excel formula errors that I fixed once he pointed them out.

Took out some of the political stuff about recall and made it ONLY about the T.A. One issue at a time...

Woodpecker, I've flown with a guy like that. Took the whole trip patiently pointing out things in the rebuttal and a printed contract copy to convince him, but I finally did.

And there will be people you never can convince, they're just too happy to have a job and be in the left seat making six figures.

Thanks for trying to pass the word, and don't give up! I still believe this will die, but we need to push every single person we talk to about it to make sure it dies as thoroughly as possible!

Thanks to everyone for the support and I hope to see you in the crew room or a road show soon!

I'll do a walk around when it meets the 3 S rule (seventies, sunny, and Saturday or Sunday when the feds are usually off)

Last edited:
Lear,
Just wondering if the part about "lines being awarded in seniority order unless they violate an FAR" is still in there. I haven't seen it mentioned by you or the NPA since TA2 came out. That is such a huge concession, as it leaves our awarded lines up in the air. What a scary precedent.
Thanks
Yes, Yes, No

MDW,

Good question. You beat me to it. I looked for it, but didn't see it either. Hopefully it's gone.

Keep up the good work Lear. Appreciate you taking the time to tear this thing apart and fill us all in on the pitfalls of this thing.

Negotiate Brake Release... not GNS movement!!!

AirTran is a good place to work as a pilot... we will get a fair deal .. probably have to wear a lid though.. LOL...

Not a regional airline at all ... for all you backpack toting under paid RJ fellas... keep your Ipods and DocMartins at home... Flame away !!

Latest resources

Back