• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran TA2

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The negotiating committee and the NPA leadership certainly wasted the last few years of our lives. Thanks, guys. Now it's time to come back to the line. Gravy days are over. I know, we don't appreciate how hard you had it. If only we knew how tough it was . . . no one would want the job. Congratulations, you no longer have to do it.

The final TA is a joke. I actually understand anyone close to retirement, or even captains in the 70% percentile voting for it. It's just the way it goes. Self-interests. But if this thing gets any less than 70% No vote, something is seriously wrong.

Come on guys, you really need that signing bonus of a few thousand dollars this badly?

It's a pathetic TA. Wow, if it's under a 9 hour overnight, no van rides over 30 minutes. You tell 'em! And if it's over 22 hours, we'll be next to "tourist attractions."

Really, it's not even close. It's simply not worth discussing. It looks like a bad regional airline contract with decent pay rates for captains, low pay rates for FOs. If it passes, my God, look out competitors, your management will hold this thing up and say, "Look what we are competing against! You guys better follow suit."

Against my better judgement I looked at TA 3 or whatever it is being called now and yep, still voting no. And yep, pi$$ed more than before.

There is not one thing in here to make me vote yes. I don't think I can type all of the issues I have with this TA. In a nutshell the whole thing sucks.

NO!

The rates, at Date of Signing for F/O's are below not only all the Legacies, as well as Alaska, but also under Frontier who JUST SIGNED a contract and has been having profitability problems. Their scheduling section is better than ours as well.

The only airlines that make less than our F/O's year for year are ATA, Midwest, and Spirit.

This is the best we could do?

I don't think so.

Last edited:
I laughed my A$$ off at that video by AP.

Lets pass this New TA because its the best were gonna get and then use our FA's as an example????

WTF

If we don't pass will probably get parked for a year!

Awsome. Lets let the rest of the Industy get better pay and benefits post bankruptcy. Every time we've left the negotating table the compay has given us a better final offer. Just like the Midwest Buyouy. Lets take some time off --- I'm all for it.

I'm voting no again. If this turd passes I will follow all the other FO's out the door.

I don't know of anyone stupid enough to vote for this POS, except Allen & Co., which is why they need to be replaced with pilots who represent the interests of their fellow line pilots.

This next election needs to be less of a Beauty Contest, and more of a Caged Death Match.

Yep! Still voting NO!!!

People need to hold this TA2 up to our current book and make that comparison. You will easily see how pitiful it is.

I read the new TA from start to finish but I refuse to listen to Allen Philpot (in writing, video or telephone) try to sell this pig. He needs to step down now and save us controversy of a recall vote. You too MS!!

Can anyone post that video on youtube or some other site for the rest of us to view?

I'm not saying whether I'm voting for it or not but I bet you it passes 60/40. Was flying today and the Captain had his laptop with the TA on it. We compared to the current contract. The 3 givebacks were the door closing, the PPO plan, and current reserve pay. If we lost 5 minutes every leg we would lose 5% per month. Realistically with underblock legs and 1-3 minute average of door close to movement it equates to about 2% concession. We both calculated about a 9% raise initially, so approx 7% raise. The current reserve pay everyone knew would be gone but we got long call reserve and min 12 days off. We retained most of the current book and some improvements. If the TA goes down, rumor has it the mediator is booked solid for 6 months. Is it worth 9 months delay for the door closing? It seems the company got some and we got some. The pay rates minus the Fo first year are industry standard with other equipment of the same size (airline pilot central). The opinion of the individuals on this website seem to be much more extreme and negative compared to the pilots I have talked to. Still I'm going to think long and hard before I cast my vote.

Latest resources

Back