AirTran TA2

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

easydoesit

Anyone had time to look through the TA2. I'm tied up and don't have much time to decipher it. From first glance it does not look great...

How ya coming Lear?

Bulletpoints are done, check out the link in my sig below.

Included two charts that show the proposed pay rates for both seats compared to current book as well as current book adjusted for inflation as well as industry average for each year.

The pay raises after Date Of Signing don't even keep up with inflation. You'll use part of your longevity raise each year just to keep up with the CPI (Consumer Price Index) increase.

The F/O pay rates are obviously sub-standard compared to the rest of the industry and we'll stay on them a LOT longer than previously thought.

The CA rates are less than current book adjusted for inflation, but are still right at industry average so they're "livable", although I'd like to see more since we'll likely not see larger aircraft like you would at a Legacy carrier, nor will we see Southwest pay rates anytime soon.

Combined with all the other concessions that are still in there (bulletpoints has them), leaves a pretty easy NO vote as compared to current book.

It's just not worth a quick $7 bucks to give up Scope, Scheduling rules, Reserve pay, or medical insurance INCREASES over an already-high premium base, not to mention continued CRAP hotels like DFW and PHL.

Will work on the long document next week when I go back to work.

Spread the word!

Lear, you do good work. And AAI wonders, or maybe the don't, why so many FO's are leaving for better offers!

Incidentally, did you watch the video? Had me laughing at the beginning, although I wonder how much we spent on that fancy intro music video?

Question: "Hourly rates for CA's increase by 17.5% and F/O's by 24%..."

Ummm... correct me if I'm wrong, but the LARGEST pay rate increases for CA's was for year 1 (which we don't have any of) 13.35%, and the LARGEST pay rate increase for F/O's was for 12.09% at year 12, or 11.2% for year 2, 3, and 4 F/O's (obviously a target demographic).

Where the HECK does he get those numbers? Does he even KNOW those numbers, or were they using what it increases to 3 years from now (which is less than inflation)?

"Don't rely on misinformation..." ? What about the misinformation you just gave, Allen? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Do you all think that this will really pass? I wanted to come work for you guys but after reading what the company is proposing, and even worse, what your negotiators are calling a TA, I guess I'll just have to turn down my interview and stay where I'm at. Is your management intent on turning AirTran into regional with larger jets? Why would anyone leave a regional to work for a company with the same mentality of a regional?

In any case, good luck to you all over there and keep fighting. There is no reason to take a concessionary contract!

Do you all think that this will really pass? I wanted to come work for you guys but after reading what the company is proposing, and even worse, what your negotiators are calling a TA, I guess I'll just have to turn down my interview and stay where I'm at. Is your management intent on turning AirTran into regional with larger jets? Why would anyone leave a regional to work for a company with the same mentality of a regional?

In any case, good luck to you all over there and keep fighting. There is no reason to take a concessionary contract!
If they vote in favor of a conncessionary contract that makes AT no better that VA or Skybus.

...or were they using what it increases to 3 years from now (which is less than inflation)?

On TA1, they took the current book pay rate and compared it with the DOS +3 rates. Why not let the misinformation continue with TA2?

BTW - Why in the world to they even bother comparing TA2 to TA1??

Do you all think that this will really pass?
Depends if we can get everyone on board with the concessions that still exist. Will take everyone out there discussing it with their fellow pilots. No need to be rude or belligerent, but giving them the information they need to combat the misinformation coming from the NPA is absolutely CRUCIAL!

If we can't get that information out there, it's going to be closer than I'd like to call.

I wanted to come work for you guys but after reading what the company is proposing, and even worse, what your negotiators are calling a TA, I guess I'll just have to turn down my interview and stay where I'm at.
Don't ever turn down an interview, unless you know for CERTAIN you wouldn't take the job and, right now, it's too early to say what will happen here.

Take the interview, wait to see what happens here. Rest assured we're working as hard as we can to get new leadership in that will junk the vast majority of this T.A. and start fresh with current book or better work rules.

This will be put out to vote within the next 2 weeks I'd guess, and fast-tracked 15 days so you'd know soon enough to keep from making the jump if you chose to stay put.

Right now, it's better than a regional simply for QOL. If this T.A. is passed, the reserves are screwed and it's "questionable" what they'd do with the rest of us.

Is your management intent on turning AirTran into regional with larger jets? Why would anyone leave a regional to work for a company with the same mentality of a regional?
Good question. This adversarial relationship seems to have only developed in the last 2-3 years. I didn't hear anything about it before I came over, but it was really just coming to the foreground then.

My impression is that they just don't want to face the reality that the pilots here no longer see this company as a stepping stone, we see it as a career stop and are bound and determined to KEEP it that way.

I agree, and thanks for the support. Good luck on the interview, if that's the way you choose to go. If they don't mess with our work rules and give us some decent pay raises, it'll remain a great place to be!

p.s. Will some of you check my links in my sig? Let me know if it's not working? Someone PM'd me and said they can't get it to load...? Thanks

Last edited:
BTW - Why in the world to they even bother comparing TA2 to TA1??
Because if they compare TA2 to the current Agreement, it will be obvious how much is still concessionary.

By comparing TA2 to TA1, all you see is improvements (except the 75-70 hour givebacks for reserves).

It's an old negotiating trick, basically lowering expectations and making a turd shine up real nice. ;)

p.s. Will some of you check my links in my sig? Let me know if it's not working? Someone PM'd me and said they can't get it to load...? Thanks

It's working. Good work, once again.

Latest resources

Back