• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran seeks to reassure investors it has cash

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My best friend is a junior UAL pilot possibly looking at a furlough, and many other friends are there also. I have no ill will towards UAL at all, and I really do hope they survive. However, I do think it's true that UAL will be in bankruptcy long before we are. But let's be honest here: go back and read some of your posts and do an honest assessment about whether they sound vindictive towards AirTran. I think it's obvious that they appear quite hostile. Maybe that wasn't your intent, but it sure seemed that way.

If it came out that way that wasn't the intent. You may have seen post from me about F9. I've got a ton of friends there. I live in DEN. I've got no ill will toward any other pilot group. I just get annoyed at the emotional connections a lot of pilots have with their airline. Of course most of us want to see our employer make it. that goes almost without saying. But being in love with our employer does us no good. I knew before I started my first regional job. It was confirmed during the whole C11 at UAL. It's tough to even get your own coworkers to give a sh&t about you when the times get tough.

I stopped trying to find reasons to defend UAL or UALs management a while ago. I see a ton of anti-UAL post on this board. I'd like to respond to them all but sh*t, even though some of the analysis is wrong, I can't defend the clowns that run it.

Trust me, we aren't "in love" with our airline, and certainly not with our management. We do hope it succeeds, however, and we think we have a pretty damned good product and pilot group.

Maybe. I don't take that personally though.

You shouldn't. It's not the fault of the pilots. It's that idiot Tilton and his minions.

we think we have a pretty damned good product and pilot group.

I never said otherwise. Just realize those aren't variables that guarantee success. If it were all about product and good attitudes no legacy in this country would still be in business.

You shouldn't. It's not the fault of the pilots. It's that idiot Tilton and his minions.

I'm saying that I don't take it personally for you to have that opinion about C7 for UAL. That's seems to be what has gotten us to this point in our dialog. You took my opinion personally and you responded as such. None of this is personal to me. Except the Yo-nited BS.

You shouldn't take the Yo-nited thing personally. Nothing was meant by it.

You shouldn't take the Yo-nited thing personally. Nothing was meant by it.

There is always something meant by it. If not why use the Yo? I guess that is some kind of knock against UAL for having black pilots. Most try to make it seem as if half the pilots at UAL are. For that reason I do take it personally. I have more than one family friend that couldn't get the time of day after flying in Vietnam while UAL paid for others just to get their ratings. Well, they actually got the time of day until UAL found out they were black. If UAL would have treated folks fair from the beginning we would never be in this position. That's a whole thread in it's own though.

Now a lot of folks on this board want to sum up their misconceptions by saying Yo-nited. You may have not meant it like that but there is only one way for me to take it.

It really wasn't meant that way. I just like the sound of it. I also say Uni-Ted. ;) You should go take a look at my posts on the OBAP thread. I'm on your side on that issue.

PCL 128,

I'm calling BULL$hit on you my white brother!!!!
Nice attempt to save face though. Unfortunatly, I'll never read any thing you write...your g4y little backpeddle renders you unworthy. YOYOYO!!!

Latest resources

Back