AirTran seeks to reassure investors it has cash

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
D-bo,

No offense, but I think everyone is getting tired of being told their airline is going out of business. Yes we all read the papers. Yes we all know that unless you are at SWA, FDX, or UPS, the world is very uncertain.

Our friend Ty seems to wear his emotions on his sleeve at times, but your post had a hint of " I'm junior at a legacy and I hope all the LCC's go away (excluding SWA, hope all you want, but that's the 800-lb gorilla).

You couldn't be further from the truth. I've been furloughed before. I know how it is. Just too many folks look at these airlines like their favorite football or basketball team. Everything I say about these other airlines applies to my own.

No wonder he's insecure.

Not at all. What would give you that idea. Here you guys are trying your best to make it personal. I said I wish you guys the best. I honestly mean it. So why all the sh*t talking? I'm talking about airlines and this industry. So why try to get personal with me? If that's your thing go for it. It's not mine.

No, no one has said any of those things. You're making @hit up in order to be a pain. What has been said it that it is too soon to be writing AAI off as a BK case...big difference!

I wouldn't make that up for the heck of it. Discount it though. It was said though. I won't bring it up again.

Based on past posts, it would appear that he works for Yo-nited. Hate to break it to you, D-bo, but your company will probably be in Chapter 7 long before we see Chapter 11.

I hope that made you feel better. Go back and read my 285 post and try to find one before this thread where I mentioned Airtran. Got nothing against you guys. Been through what all of you are going through now. I managed because I didn't try to sugarcoat what a debacle the airline that furloughed me was and what this industry was to all of us pilots. I realized we are all just blue collar workers and when it comes down to it, all airline management will try to treat us as such.

Gotta say though, I am disappointed you made it personal. I really am trying to give you good advice. One of my good friends works at Airtran. I don't have a single thing against Airtran. Looks like you have a problem with more than just UAL though. That's regretful.

Based on past posts, it would appear that he works for Yo-nited. Hate to break it to you, D-bo, but your company will probably be in Chapter 7 long before we see Chapter 11.

And for the C7 thing, maybe you'll be right. I almost hope you're right. I don't give a F about UAL. I'm not under the allusion they give a F about me. There are a lot of folks out there that hope UAL goes C7 though. Despite what you may think, I've never wished that on any other airline like it appears you do.

And for the C7 thing, maybe you'll be right. I almost hope you're right. I don't give a F about UAL. I'm not under the allusion they give a F about me. There are a lot of folks out there that hope UAL goes C7 though. Despite what you may think, I've never wished that on any other airline like it appears you do.

My best friend is a junior UAL pilot possibly looking at a furlough, and many other friends are there also. I have no ill will towards UAL at all, and I really do hope they survive. However, I do think it's true that UAL will be in bankruptcy long before we are. But let's be honest here: go back and read some of your posts and do an honest assessment about whether they sound vindictive towards AirTran. I think it's obvious that they appear quite hostile. Maybe that wasn't your intent, but it sure seemed that way.

D-bo,

No offense, but I think everyone is getting tired of being told their airline is going out of business. Yes we all read the papers. Yes we all know that unless you are at SWA, FDX, or UPS, the world is very uncertain.

Our friend Ty seems to wear his emotions on his sleeve at times, but your post had a hint of " I'm junior at a legacy and I hope all the LCC's go away (excluding SWA, hope all you want, but that's the 800-lb gorilla).

I second that. D-never had a boner get a life

Latest resources

Back