• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Recall Results

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry, I had a hard time pasting, but that's the email I just got. I can't believe it. I seriously don't think the BOD could get anything right at this point.

Are they trying to give you the scare tactics for your hard work educating the pilot group or is this just routine?
Well, seeing as I *just* got through seeing THEIR doctor for a return-to-work physical exam last Thursday (Section 15 compliant) and THEIR doctor released me with no restrictions... and NOW they have questions about my health?

I'll let you be the judge.

I hope there is someone in the union you can trust to support you.
Yes. Brad Simms. He may not like me or want to go out and drink a beer together, but he's hands-down straight-arrow from what I've seen so far over the last year and a half. Our General Counsel (attorney), Sal Faletta will be there as well.

Per the contract, this should have been handled by the Director of Flying. It's highly unusual, bordering on *SUSPECT*, given my union activities of the last 90 days including sitting across from Klaus & party at the negotiating table, that I would go STRAIGHT to Klaus' office without even a phone call from Floy.

Sorry to butt in, but what's OJI? Is the company pulling a power play on you?
OJI is an On-the-Job-Injury.

Sorry, I had a hard time pasting, but that's the email I just got. I can't believe it. I seriously don't think the BOD could get anything right at this point.
Technically it's correct, it's just worded a little strangely at the beginning of the 3rd paragraph.

What I think they were trying to say is that they don't have to "appoint" someone prior to a special election, and that the special election will be this fall (it's September going on October, so a few weeks at most).

Like we said during the recall, the BoD and the NPA will continue to function just fine until replacements are elected; there's plenty of very capable people still in office (Devaney, Simms, etc).

Sorry to hear about it Lear! Hope you're better, and wish you the best in your company meeting.

are you kidding me, for the last year all we have heard was how to conduct ourselves in the potential merger.

you have fun. don't get mugged on the marta.

OK, I'll have fun. You do the same, now go away and remember (I know this might be hard) try not to run your mouth while you're on probation.

Hey Lear don't forget a secret mini recorder, I have a non pilot friend who was able to cash in on a lawsuit based on what happened behind closed doors. Thanks again for all of your hard work, I barely have time to read your info w/ kids, I can't imagine the hours you put in to educating this pilot group. I don't think they will screw w/ you knowing the support you have on the line, hell I might be too upset to go fly this month.
Are they going to positive space you both ways?

Well, seeing as I *just* got through seeing THEIR doctor for a return-to-work physical exam last Thursday (Section 15 compliant) and THEIR doctor released me with no restrictions... and NOW they have questions about my health?

I'll let you be the judge.

Yes. Brad Simms. He may not like me or want to go out and drink a beer together, but he's hands-down straight-arrow from what I've seen so far over the last year and a half. Our General Counsel (attorney), Sal Faletta will be there as well.

Per the contract, this should have been handled by the Director of Flying. It's highly unusual, bordering on *SUSPECT*, given my union activities of the last 90 days including sitting across from Klaus & party at the negotiating table, that I would go STRAIGHT to Klaus' office without even a phone call from Floy.

OJI is an On-the-Job-Injury.

Airtran at it's finest. Don't let them intimidate you. This is why we need a strong union, contract and leadership. Good luck Lear we are all in your corner.

This recall is a good thing--it will have ripples at other airline MECs around the country. Do not forget who you serve...

Latest resources

Back