AirTran profitable for 7th consecutive year

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lawman said:
Yeah, when your chapter 11, even squating to pee is a risk isn't it Crybaby?

So is UAL, US Air, NW, Hawaiian, ATA, Fly I, ( and CAL had 2 trips to bk)! Why give DL a hard time?? Did your mom get the tag team from 2 baggage throwers in your trailer park in MKE?
I see that your airline is going to the dogs! Now you can bring your mom & sister on board with you when the pro basketball team is done with her!

Press Release

Source: Midwest Airlines

See Spot. See Spot Fly. See Spot Fly in the Cabin Aboard Midwest Airlines
Tuesday January 24, 4:29 pm ET

Fly Spot Fly and Earn Free Travel on America's #1 Airline!
MILWAUKEE, Jan. 24 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Pampered pooches of petite size will soon be welcome to fly in the passenger cabin on Midwest Airlines. And just like their larger cousins and feline friends that fly in complete comfort below cabin, they'll earn free travel in Midwest Airlines Premier Pet Program.
Starting January 30, Midwest Airlines and Midwest Connect will accept up to two small dogs in the passenger cabin per flight. In-cabin dogs must travel with a passenger and be contained in an airline-approved under-the-seat soft- sided carrier. Carriers featuring Midwest Airline Premier Pet Program signature are available for purchase through the airline's Web site.
"At Midwest Airlines, we listen to what our customers tell us," said Timothy E. Hoeksema, Midwest Airlines chairman and chief executive officer. "And they told us they want their small dogs to be allowed to travel in the passenger cabin with them. We are pleased to now meet this request."
Susan Kerwin-Hagen, coordinator of the Premier Pet Program and a show dog exhibitor and American Kennel Club judge, says allowing dogs to travel in the cabin on Midwest Airlines is just one more example of the effort the airline makes to meet the needs of its passengers traveling with pets. "Passengers traveling with toy or small breeds such as Yorkies, Shih Tzus and dachshunds, and those traveling with puppies find it very convenient to be able to travel with their pets in the cabin. But we also make an extra effort to reassure passengers who have pets traveling in the aircraft's temperature-controlled and pressurized Pet Compartment."
Midwest Airlines' new dogs in-the-cabin option is an enhancement to its popular Premier Pet Program.* The program is the first of its kind to offer frequent flying pets that travel with their owners the opportunity to earn free travel. Pets earn one free roundtrip for every three roundtrips (or six one-way trips) they fly. Additionally, pet owners who are members of the airline's frequent flyer program, Midwest Miles, can fly their pets roundtrip for free below cabin by redeeming 15,000 miles or in the cabin by redeeming 20,000 miles. Since Midwest Airlines introduced the program in early 2005, pet travel has more than doubled on the airline.
* The Premier Pet Program applies only to owners and pets that travel together on the same flight; it does not apply to pets shipped as cargo or service animals. Dogs are accepted in-cabin on all Midwest Airlines and Midwest Connect flights with the exception of flights to Toronto, Canada. Under-cabin pets are accepted only on Midwest Airlines Boeing 717 and MD-80 aircraft, and Midwest Connect Beech 1900 aircraft. Passengers traveling with pets are charged an additional fee and must make an advance reservation. Additional restrictions apply. For the Premier Pet Program's complete rules and regulations, go to midwestairlines.com (click on Travel Planner, then Travel Programs) or call 800-452-2022 (in Milwaukee, 414-570-7000).The Premier Pet Program is also now partnering with TRIPSwithPETS.com. The Web site caters to the ever-growing consumer segment of Americans who travel with their pets and promotes pet-friendly services and accommodations across the United States. Premier Pet Program pets and owners are invited to save 10% at the TRIPSwithPETS.com online store.
Kerwin-Hagen notes that the launch of the Premier Pet Program's dogs-in- cabin option coincides with the Westminster Kennel Club's 130th Annual Dog Show. The show will be held at MadisonSquareGarden in New York City on February 13 and 14. Says Kerwin-Hagen, "More than 2,500 dogs enter this time- honored show and we know the Premier Pet Program will be flying its share of champions to the event."
Midwest Airlines (Amex: MEH - News) features jet service throughout the United States, including Milwaukee's most daily nonstop flights and best schedule to major destinations. Skyway Airlines, Inc. -- its wholly owned subsidiary -- operates as Midwest Connect, which offers connections to Midwest Airlines as well as point-to-point service between select markets on regional jet and turboprop aircraft. Together, the airlines offer service to 47 cities, including San Diego -- the airline's newest destination. More information is available at http://midwestairlines.com .

Last edited:
737 Pylt said:
So is UAL, US Air, NW, Hawaiian, ATA, Fly I, ( and CAL had 2 trips to bk)! Why give DL a hard time?? Did your mom get the tag team from 2 baggage throwers in your trailer park in MKE?
I see that your airline is going to the dogs! Now you can bring your mom & sister on board with you when the pro basketball team is done with her!

Spoken like a true Delta pro. Tell us some more there genius. Did they teach you that in I.O.E. when you reported to the compound or did you learn this on your own? Tell me, when are you guys gonna give another %10 or will you "REALLY SHUT DOWN THE AIRLINE" this time?

Last edited:
Hey man .. you gonna be OK ? You have veins popping out of your neck fella. Chill.... Ever try ice fishing... Ahhh hook a minnow and take a cool sip of you favorite brewski...

Cant let those fellas get to ya. Really.. I'd hate to be sitting next to ya when center gives ya a little spacing turn.... Smile, it will be Ok ... really.

I thought it was rough over at the SWA v. Fed Ex thread. :)

Ty Webb said:
I've been making these same comments about United on this board since 1997 . . . . you just weren't around here to see them.

They would need to have the best training to make line pilots out of some of the scrubs they hired from our University. Sure, they hired some good people, but they also hired some of the least capable and least experienced pilots I have ever seen.

Ahh yes, the F-Charter days. See, some of us were around.

800Dog said:
. Enjoy maxing out at 150k with no retirement and poor work rules.

Keep showing your ignorance, it's really quite funny.

Latest resources

Back