• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Airtran Fanatic

http://biz.yahoo.com/bizj/060124/1219143.html?.v=1

AirTran profitable for 7th consecutive year
Tuesday January 24, 8:35 am ET

AirTran Holdings Inc. posted another annual profit in 2005, even though its profit dropped about 78 percent as it battled high fuel costs and the impact of hurricanes.
The Orlando-based airline (NYSE: AAI - News) reported net income of $2.7 million on $1.44 billion in revenue, compared with net income of $12.3 million on $1.04 billion in revenue in 2004. Earnings were 3 cents a share, compared with earnings of 14 cents a share in 2004.
"The year 2005 was extremely challenging on many fronts," says Joe Leonard, chairman and CEO. "Yet, AirTran was profitable for the seventh consecutive year while the industry is losing billions of dollars annually. I am very proud of the concerted effort of our people to help AirTran end the year with a profit."
In the fourth quarter, AirTran recorded a net loss of $364,000 on $408.1 million in revenue, compared with net income of $1.1 million on $279.4 million in revenue in the fourth quarter of 2005. AirTran had break-even earnings in the fourth quarter, compared with earnings of 1 cent a share in the fourth quarter of 2004.
"During the fourth quarter, we were challenged by high fuel prices and the aftermath of hurricanes," says Stan Gadek, AirTran chief financial officer. "While break-even performance is never satisfactory, we managed to contain our non-fuel costs while experiencing capacity growth of 25 percent."

Last edited:
Yeah, there were a couple of schmucks on this board that said we would post a loss for the year, but aren't man enough to admit it . . . . don't expectwe'll see 'em here . . . . don't want to mention any names, Andy!

Ty Webb said:
Yeah, there were a couple of schmucks on this board that said we would post a loss for the year, but aren't man enough to admit it . . . . don't expectwe'll see 'em here . . . . don't want to mention any names, Andy!

ty, I posted in response to your comment that you shouldn't be flying routes if you can't make a profit. Does this mean that since you didn't make a profit in the fourth quarter, you shouldn't have been flying some routes? Your original post was asinine.
As for my post, I quoted financial analysts saying that they expected AirTran to post a loss for 4Q (they did) and for the year (they didn't).
But I do love how you've been able to convolute the facts to make it sound like I made a big deal about AirTran posting a loss for the year. Here's the original thread: http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=70811 so that everyone can see how you are completely full of feces.

Congratulations to AirTran for posting a profit in 2005.
As for you ty, you continue to live up (er, down) to your reputation. And ty, if you've got such thin skin that you can't handle someone refuting your dimwitted posts, then STFU. Your moronic posts wouldn't be missed.

I find myself nodding my head...

Latest resources

Back