• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran profitable for 7th consecutive year

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Face it, Andy, what I said was true, and all your name calling and attempts to "spin" the issue don't change the facts-

The Legacy carriers are in bankruptcy because they are dumping seats into the marketplace at a price below their cost, to the extent that they are losing money on an on-going basis. How much money? Enough to drive them into bankruptcy.

Does AirTran having a $400,000. loss last quarter compare to that? No, it doesn't. Did you come off like an idiot predicting we would lose money for the year, yes you did. Are you man enough to admit you called it wrong? Apparently not.

If we start dumping seats into the marketplace and are headed for bankruptcy, buddy, you'll know about it. Until then, you'll have to just pretending that we're in the same boat with your beloved United . . . . not!

Lots of luck when they take the training wheels off, though. . . . . with $65. a barrel oil, you're gonna need it. . . . we're hedged.

Last edited:
Watch out....I posted our (SWA) numbers the other day and a few Fed Ex guys tried...well maybe they did high jerk the thread. I wonder where they are? Sssssshhhhhh, maybe they wont hear. To all my buddies at AAI, good job!

Airtran Fan, The picture of your airplane looks so sad. Turn that frown upside down my man.

Gup

Gup: Just for you, my man.

I love how Ty rips United...a few years ago your comment would've got it's ass kicked...time will tell who wins I'm betting AAI,LUV,UAUA,AMR will be around but then again that's a guess. Personally I have an affinity for UAL they've always treated me well and I consider them the best trained pilots in the business.

time will tell who wins I'm betting AAI,LUV & AMR will be around, but I'm just an a$$ anyway

I fixed your quote for you. :beer:

Ty Webb said:
Did you come off like an idiot predicting we would lose money for the year, yes you did. Are you man enough to admit you called it wrong? Apparently not.

And this is the reason why I posted the link.
I did not predict anything; I merely cited analyst predictions in response to your asinine posts. And what fine educational instituition is responsible for your diminutive level of reading comprehension?

Ty Webb said:
Face it, Andy, what I said was true, and all your name calling and attempts to "spin" the issue don't change the facts-

Pal, you wouldn't know the truth if he repeatedly smacked you upside the cranium case with a 2 x 4 until you were unconscious, hence the reason why I posted the link. Of course, many on this board have felt that your brain wave patterns are remarkably similar to that of Terri Schiavo.
I'm not attempting to spin anything; I posted a link to the original posts. You're the one who's working overtime on a spin.
Interesting how I'm the 'schmuck' (your words) who's doing the name calling. Again, if you can't take it, STFU. Your estrogen levels are dangerously high.

To AirTran employees, again, congrats. My sympathies to you for having ty as a poster child for your company here; he's proof positive that the 5% rule is in effect.

Congrats Airtran! Great work in a hostile environment (fuel, for starters).

Only wish we at JB could be so fortunate for the year...:0

Latest resources

Back