• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran posts 4th quarter profit of 1.9 million

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wrong again Dogg. Reread my post. It was directed specifically at you and I stand by my comments. As for what my response inflames, maybe you should take a good look in the mirror about the tone of your statements before you lecture me about stirring the pot.

But I am clearly representing the sentiments of most all the SWA pilots. I am not accusing of stirring any pot. I am just trying to inform you, and the likes of you, you are potentially harming your own future.

I suggest you continue with your caustic course if you and your fellow Airtran pilots don't care about this acquisition. I have what you want. I am actually trying to help you but your concern on our view on seniority integration is clouding your judgment.

It would serve you and all Airtran pilots to understand that you will get much more with honey than vinegar. Hiding behind a mask does not cover the true attitudes of the Airtran pilots on this board. I think a straight staple of all Airtran pilots is clearly not fair. Nor do I think relative seniority for the AT pilots is as well. All SWA pilots feel the AT pilots are getting a windfall. You will not change our minds because you are. Therefore all SWA pilots need to feel like we have got "something" within our contract including seniority that feels like a gain. This profitability for SWA is a gain for the stockholders, not the union employees.

I am telling you, and you really need to believe, all this "SWA pilots are not giving anything" can be an element that shuts down this acquisition. That is how these things can work out.

It's simple; your company was purchased by SWA. If not for a law passed by congress to protect the weak you would be hitting the street. Happens every day in America. Hope that clears things up?
If not for a law passed by congress huh? Well then it's settled. Except for that inconvenient little detail you mentioned.
Thanks for helping clear everything up Kernal.

Nothing but Bond-McCaskill . . . , :erm:

plus our CBA, which your management is a party to, as of DOCC. :D

What if we choose not to integrate you into the SWAPA seniority list? And we are the acquiring carrier and our contract does not mandate us to do that.

You are putting way too much weight on that portion of your contract being the carrier being acquired. I hate to tell you this but my reliable sources say....no. B/M is only if we both choose arbitration, which can go on for years until other legal measures are taken.

Ty, if SWA buys AT and dismantles the airline, it has all the legal rights to do so. It would only take SWA three years to replace your airline. That is not what I want. But you are really doing a dis service to yourself and your fellow crew members with your continued condensation of your potential future employer. You and others here are greatly underestimating the power of your words.

But I am clearly representing the sentiments of most all the SWA pilots. I am not accusing of stirring any pot. I am just trying to inform you, and the likes of you, you are potentially harming your own future.

I suggest you continue with your caustic course if you and your fellow Airtran pilots don't care about this acquisition. I have what you want. I am actually trying to help you but your concern on our view on seniority integration is clouding your judgment.

It would serve you and all Airtran pilots to understand that you will get much more with honey than vinegar. Hiding behind a mask does not cover the true attitudes of the Airtran pilots on this board. I think a straight staple of all Airtran pilots is clearly not fair. Nor do I think relative seniority for the AT pilots is as well. All SWA pilots feel the AT pilots are getting a windfall. You will not change our minds because you are. Therefore all SWA pilots need to feel like we have got "something" within our contract including seniority that feels like a gain. This profitability for SWA is a gain for the stockholders, not the union employees.

I am telling you, and you really need to believe, all this "SWA pilots are not giving anything" can be an element that shuts down this acquisition. That is how these things can work out.
I believe you believe that you are just trying to be helpful and are incapable of comprehending just how pedantic and small you come off as when u are being helpful. How about we try letting the process run its course and stop lecturing us on what "you" are "giving" us. Your words not mine and you use them over and over again here.

Antoine Smack:

You sir, are an idiot, and an uninformed one, at that.

Everything you just wrote was debunked months ago. Do a few searches, it's all been covered.

By all means, go hunker down in your mancave and work on your fiendish plan to disband AAI, operate it is an alter ego, or as a non-union workforce. We'll let you know when the grownups have come up with the real plan, and you can come out of your cave again. :laugh:

Last edited:
I believe you believe that you are just trying to be helpful and are incapable of comprehending just how pedantic and small you come off as when u are being helpful.

Just keep it up. I have refrained from this sort of psychological warfare with this type of personal immature insinuations. You are killing yourself because of who knows what.

I am with the rest of the SWA pilots, I pray to god this deal falls through. We are acquiring a questionable work group. And we don't need to.

Best of luck to all Airtran pilots.

What if we choose not to integrate you into the SWAPA seniority list? And we are the acquiring carrier and our contract does not mandate us to do that.

You are putting way too much weight on that portion of your contract being the carrier being acquired. I hate to tell you this but my reliable sources say....no. B/M is only if we both choose arbitration, which can go on for years until other legal measures are taken.

Ty, if SWA buys AT and dismantles the airline, it has all the legal rights to do so. It would only take SWA three years to replace your airline. That is not what I want. But you are really doing a dis service to yourself and your fellow crew members with your continued condensation of your potential future employer. You and others here are greatly underestimating the power of your words.

LOL!, take a week or two off from this mess and realize nothing has changed. Same jibber jabbing spiteful knuckle heads with empty threats wishing for a whipsaw.

Antoine Smack:

You sir, are an idiot, and an uninformed one, at that.

Everything you just wrote was debunked months ago. Do a few searches, it's all been covered.

There is no further point in discussing any of this with you.

Nothing has been debunked.

You have issues.

LOL!, take a week or two off from this mess and realize nothing has changed. Same jibber jabbing spiteful knuckle heads with empty threats wishing for a whipsaw.

The Airtran talk here is harmful. Not a threat, just information you can not be privy to.

Some don't want to hear the facts and so be it. No matter who is telling what to your face, SWA pilots are not welcoming you to our airline. And as silly as it may seem, it is because of the personal jabs from some very immature Airtran pilots on this board. What a shame so few can screw it up for so many.

You all need to give it a rest, and I include myself in that one. The arguments of who brings what to the table are there for all to see. Go spend some time with your families and let the powers that be hash this out. To the aai pilots on here, you know you would s**t yourselves if this deal was to fall through. The vast majority of the swa pilots would be ecstatic. That says it all. There is no way that the swa management hasn't prepared for ALL eventualities, so come nicely or maybe not at all.

Latest resources

Back