• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran posts 4th quarter profit of 1.9 million

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
qt1900 good enthusiasm, figure out at your rates how long it will take to earn a million dollars of wages and then reshuffle. That will be much closer to the end result. Look at it this way, you just a won a million plus dollars over the length of your career and have much better job security. Nothing personal I am happy for you. It just is what it is. Easy math, $1 000 000 divided by $150 000 a year average for captains look for captains to insert about at year seven, with the exceptions of the aged. All things equal in the end you just won a million. Enjoy it, it sure makes life easier.

YOU are NOT giving the AT pilots anything. If you got a pay cut, that would be one thing, and I suspect you will get a slight pay RAISE in a new joint contract. If you get close to relative seniority, then your QOL doesn't go down either. More planes will be added to your fleet, including nicer 717s, compared to the old 737-300s/500s. When your SWA Captains eventually leave at age 70 (they will have fought for that too and helped turn the tide just like 65), you will move up and finally make the really big bucks. In the meantime, you will be introduced to allnighters (that AT flew), and some cool cities like Moline and Gulfport. See, eveything will turn out fine! Yes, the AT guys will win a million, but you won't lose a dime! That is what you need to put into your head.

I hate getting into this, but, I'm gonna chime in for a quick second. The 2009 CBA for SWA shows a 5 year FO at roughly $109 TFP. This doesn't include the most recent raise.

If we believe SWAPA's info given to us, the average FO over the last five years has averaged 110 TFP per month. That's $11990 a month or $143,880. The average FL Capt is around 90 hours of pay per month. The old 12 year rate was $152. That's $164,160.

Now there may be A 5 year FO that makes more than our #1 Captain, but it's not a realistic comparison to say all of the FO's do. I'm well over the above average, and don't work hard at all, as I'm sure there are at SWA as well. There are guys at FL making 2x average by being sched's biatch.

Dude, where are you from? Earth to moon base, come in, over?

A 5 year SWA F/O makes more money than your number 1 captain. You need to look at the big picture. You have won the lottery and if you aren't careful you will lose the ticket before you get to cash it in.

Billy, GK won't let this MERGER get away, Wall St won't let him. Stop the threats. YOU AREN'T GIVING THE AT GUYS ANYTHING. SWA WILL. YOU WON'T LOSE A DIME, RATHER YOU MAY ADD A COUPLE DIMES TO YOUR PAY PER HOUR WHEN THE JOINT CONTRACT IS FINISHED. MAYBE THIS LARGER FONT WILL HELP YOU UNDERSTAND THAT. YOU AREN'T HELPING THE AT GUYS OUT AT ALL, SWA WILL BE. GET OVER IT.

Scoreboard,

The more appropriate analogy would be if AAI bought Mesa.

Remember your talking about a 50-100% payscale windfall, then add better QOL and retirement with profit sharing. Not even close to the same. So far away from NW/DL it's night and day.

So let me ask you and all your big SWA guys on this board. Do you want to be mean and staple another group of fellow airline pilots, or stab them in the back, like you did ATA? After reading several posts from you mighty SWA guys, you are starting to look more and more like your next door neighbor in Texas. Man, what happen to the LUV?

Except their CEO said they werent going to. I have posted that info 1 time to many to put the stuff on here again. Just like SWA ceo did. AAI financial picture wasnt the brightest. qt1900 I think you are using some fuzzy math. Not that its going to mean a whole lot any how.

I hate getting into this, but, I'm gonna chime in for a quick second. The 2009 CBA for SWA shows a 5 year FO at roughly $109 TFP. This doesn't include the most recent raise.

If we believe SWAPA's info given to us, the average FO over the last five years has averaged 110 TFP per month. That's $11990 a month or $143,880. The average FL Capt is around 90 hours of pay per month. The old 12 year rate was $152. That's $164,160.

Now there may be A 5 year FO that makes more than our #1 Captain, but it's not a realistic comparison to say all of the FO's do. I'm well over the above average, and don't work hard at all, as I'm sure there are at SWA as well. There are guys at FL making 2x average by being sched's biatch.

SO you are saying its ok because a 12 CA makes a whopping $21,000 more then a 5 year FO. By the way you would use the raised rates for the SWA FO because that was part of the contract prior to Sept 27th. So then said FO makes $147470, a difference of $16,690. Add in health care cost, less dues etc and you looking at about equal pay for you maxed CA vs. the 5 year FO.

Serious question. Do AAI pilots credit more hours then they fly. Then I could see the 90 hours. Like SWA 110 tfp is 1320 trips for the year and about 900 hours of flying.

Last edited:
so you are saying its ok because a 12 ca makes a whopping $21,000 more then a 5 year fo. By the way you would use the raised rates for the swa fo because that was part of the contract prior to sept 27th. So then said fo makes $147470, a difference of $16,690. Add in health care cost, less dues etc and you looking at about equal pay for you maxed ca vs. The 5 year fo.

You are not giving the AT pilots anything. Swa will. They will get a big pay raise, and you won't lose anything. Get over it.

Ygbsm

So let me ask you and all your big SWA guys on this board. Do you want to be mean and staple another group of fellow airline pilots, or stab them in the back, like you did ATA? After reading several posts from you mighty SWA guys, you are starting to look more and more like your next door neighbor in Texas. Man, what happen to the LUV?
Mean? No. Business like and professional, yes, unlike your spiteful retort.

This is just business. I hate to ruin your dreamlike state but the pilots of SWA had no business input on ATA. So no, we didn't stab anyone in the back.

I notice you failed to answer question yet still managed to throw out some disparaging remarks, I know this isn't how AT pilots roll, or do they?

Last edited:
View Post
post_old.gif
Today, 21:23 Remove user from ignore list
johnsonrod This message is hidden because johnsonrod is on your ignore list.

Latest resources

Back