• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran posts 4th quarter profit of 1.9 million

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You must have not been a very good one if you only did it for 7 years and then came to this industry.

I'm not so sure the NW/DL merger has turned out all that successful from a business stand point.

NINE fleet types with rising fuel cost is starting to creep in. Can you imagine the parts required to have on hand to operate they many different planes? Plus the simulators and sim time?

At least this acquistion doesn't have too much of that friction.

I see Gary using his Guadalupe Holdings 'get out of jail' card if he doesn't get the numbers and work force he's looking for..

He won't allow this to ruin SW. Don't see it happening. Herb won't either. He's still very involved at the GO. Still there most days of the week.

[FONT=&quot]One of three outcomes will happen with this deal.

1.) Both pilot groups reach a fair SLI that pleases both sides. This will not only lead to a successful merger but a major force to reckon with in the airline industry. This is a very unlikely scenario. But, I hope I am wrong...this deal will be good for both the employee and the customer.

2.) DOJ does not approve the deal. I'm sorry to say, but this is very likely. Can't go into the details.

3.) Another USAir/AWA...this is also very likely. You SWA guys just cannot get off your high horse. When are too many stables enough? Bad karma is about to catch up to you.

[/FONT]

OK birdman, hypothetical, shoes on the other foot, somehow, magically, the CEO of AT decides to buy Republic. Where do YOU as the bottom AT pilot want those pilots?

Scoreboard,

The more appropriate analogy would be if AAI bought Mesa.

Remember your talking about a 50-100% payscale windfall, then add better QOL and retirement with profit sharing. Not even close to the same. So far away from NW/DL it's night and day.

I make 163 as a 12 yr captain. We agreed to a less than stellar TA to bridge this SWA-AAI deal (last TA turned down had 180 at top pay rate). Our retirement is 10.5% w/no match necessary. 18 days off, blah blah blah.That doesnt seem like 50-100% windfall.

Of course your rate, QOL, etc. is better. but lets not bend the facts here!

[FONT=&quot]
2.) DOJ does not approve the deal. I'm sorry to say, but this is very likely. Can't go into the details.[/FONT]

What???!!!! Does your daddy work for the DOJ????

[FONT=&quot] 3.) Another USAir/AWA...this is also very likely. You SWA guys just cannot get off your high horse. When are too many stables enough? Bad karma is about to catch up to you.[/FONT]

It is funny how it is always the SWA guys that are egotistical and unreasonable. Try reading some of the AT posts but you need to take off your rose colored glasses first.

Latest resources

Back