• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran posts 4th quarter profit of 1.9 million

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe my prayers are coming true. Every night I pray that the DOJ does kill this deal. That would be best for all of us. Everyone should pray this, can I get a Kumbaya?

I make 163 as a 12 yr captain. We agreed to a less than stellar TA to bridge this SWA-AAI deal (last TA turned down had 180 at top pay rate). Our retirement is 10.5% w/no match necessary. 18 days off, blah blah blah.That doesnt seem like 50-100% windfall.

Of course your rate, QOL, etc. is better. but lets not bend the facts here!

I've actually done the math on here before. It really is 50-100% for most AAI pilots, or to put it another way...

a 7000.00 dollar a month across the board increase for all AAI pilots.

The senior FO math was 100% increase off the old payscale (which we should really be using), or more than 50% increase off the new rates.

as a 12yr AAI captain, do you make $270,000 a year?

Did your career expectations change from Sept. 26th to the 27th?

On Sept. 27th we lost our negotiating power. The ball was in mgmt's court, so yes it was a less than stellar contract! The FO's got a larger raise(much deserved),and my group ended up with a $8 raise. whooopi, Life goes on!

I would assume nearly every pilots career expectations on both sides just changed! (except the senior guys). I do get that you make more money. But at the end of the day, were not in charge. Chances are a neutral party will figure this whole thing out, and we can move on.

I am not on here to bicker and whine guys, of course this is good for us. It will be good for everybody( I hope), eventually.

That's just the thing. you know it is good for you but we don't know that it is good for us. Why is that so hard to understand.

On Sept. 27th we lost our negotiating power. The ball was in mgmt's court, so yes it was a less than stellar contract! The FO's got a larger raise(much deserved),and my group ended up with a $8 raise. whooopi, Life goes on!

I would assume nearly every pilots career expectations on both sides just changed! (except the senior guys). I do get that you make more money. But at the end of the day, were not in charge. Chances are a neutral party will figure this whole thing out, and we can move on.

I am not on here to bicker and whine guys, of course this is good for us. It will be good for everybody( I hope), eventually.

Nice post avi8tor.

It could be good for most of us. I kinda worry ALPA is gonna really drag out what could be a cohesive work group. I have never been impressed with their direction. Just an over bloated, top heavy union. (and we need to make sure SWAPA doesn't head that way too)

I would assume nearly every pilots career expectations on both sides just changed! (except the senior guys).

It will be good for everybody( I hope), eventually.

Therein lies the problem. There are no pilots on the AT list that will lose money over their career. I sit in the top 20% of the F/Os at SWA. My career earnings actually decrease in several of the AT lopsided SLI scenarios because of a more delayed upgrade. Many AT guys say SWA guys will still get their payrates, benies, QOL, and don't lose anything. I say that is bunk; longer upgrade time does take out of my career earnings.

Slug

Latest resources

Back