• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran posts 4th quarter profit of 1.9 million

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
qt1900 good enthusiasm, figure out at your rates how long it will take to earn a million dollars of wages and then reshuffle. That will be much closer to the end result. Look at it this way, you just a won a million plus dollars over the length of your career and have much better job security. Nothing personal I am happy for you. It just is what it is. Easy math, $1 000 000 divided by $150 000 a year average for captains look for captains to insert about at year seven, with the exceptions of the aged. All things equal in the end you just won a million. Enjoy it, it sure makes life easier.

If you put up a big ol' fence, how am I going to fly with my new fan club?

Ty

There is a club forming alright. But it certainly isn't a fan club.

I don't know who is making the stickers. I found it kinda funny. And honestly a bit extreme. Like all this drivel on this board.

Someone said they have seen it. Something about covering up a Jane Fonda sticker. I'll let you know when I actually see one.

And you're labeling the AirTran pilot group as questionable based on...what?

Maybe he is basing it on the number of scabs in your ranks? Maybe because you had a 98% strike vote over wages your company can't afford to pay? Maybe it is because of the over the top posts on this forum? Maybe it is all of the above?

qt1900 good enthusiasm, figure out at your rates how long it will take to earn a million dollars of wages and then reshuffle. That will be much closer to the end result. Look at it this way, you just a won a million plus dollars over the length of your career and have much better job security. Nothing personal I am happy for you. It just is what it is. Easy math, $1 000 000 divided by $150 000 a year average for captains look for captains to insert about at year seven, with the exceptions of the aged. All things equal in the end you just won a million. Enjoy it, it sure makes life easier.

Who's CPT's make $150,000 on average? I guarantee you its not AAI's 12 year CPT's. Id say our average 12 year CPT was around $175,000 before the new pay raises. Not including retirement. Like I said, SWA's contract is better, but its not the windfall that some of you guys seem to think it is. Especially if we lose a lot of seniority. If the SWA guys understand that there needs to be a fair integration, then this thing could be very good for both pilot groups. But if you guys think that your going to have 1800 happy SWA pilots with great attitudes after you try and staple us, your in for a big suprise.. Remember, an 8 or 9 year AAI pilot makes more then an 8 and 9 year SWA pilot. So this isnt a huge windfall if we get stapled. If it weren't for the merger, Id be able to hold the left seat in a couple months. The difference between my 7 year pay at both airlines would have been pretty small.

Remember, an 8 or 9 year AAI pilot makes more then an 8 and 9 year SWA pilot. So this isnt a huge windfall if we get stapled.

Dude, where are you from? Earth to moon base, come in, over?

A 5 year SWA F/O makes more money than your number 1 captain. You need to look at the big picture. You have won the lottery and if you aren't careful you will lose the ticket before you get to cash it in.

And you're labeling the AirTran pilot group as questionable based on...what? A dozen guys that post on an anonymous web forum?

Simply...yes. If you or anyone else on this board think that this FI group unfairly represents your pilot group, why do they not speak up?

I can see that most all the ones from SWA speaking on this forum are sharing the sentiments of most of our pilots.

Whether anyone likes it or not, the voices on this forum are the only ones being heard. And it is not good. But when I try to say that, more Airtran guys go personal further eroding the situation. Therefore lowering the way the SWA pilots feel about your work group. This is unfortunately a true fact.

A basic difference right now is that I am concerned enough that I hope this whole acquisition goes away. Most all our pilots would be happy, and most all your pilots would be extremely disappointed.

How are you going to grow? You no longer have any airplane orders. Nobody wants to buy you other than SWA because we want your gates in ATL and a few slots. The alternative is a lot closer to Muse Air than it is Delta.

You seem to keep confusing yourself with the acquiring carrier. It doesn't matter what you are happy with in the end.

What are you smoking? GT1900 has it right. There are plenty of opportunities for AT to grow right now if SWA wasn't MERGING with them. Mexicana Click just parked 25 717s. They also had 738 orders. You guys are gonna lose!

Latest resources

Back