• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Pilots...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Absolutely. My family is more important than this place.

I'm on airline #4. I know that jobs come and go; this one is no more important than the last. Yes, it provides an income, but I can replace this income in a heartbeat.

Time with my family is irreplaceable and I'm pretty pissed off our MEC gave this away.

My last MEC passed a very important resolution I'd like to see passed here:

The MEC cannot sign ANY T.A. or waive ANY contract section that is deemed to be a pay or QOL issue without member ratification. This would qualify under both.

If I had someone else viable to vote for that wouldn't give away the farm in other areas, I'd be online voting right this second...

I would hate to have been under your leadership in a combat situation.

Sorry, Chief, but as others have already told you, playing the "combat card"
isn't doing anything here except making you look foolish. Most of us have seen from experience that those who routinely play that card are compensating for something. The rest learn to put it in a box. Note that the quietest among us are usually the Marines.

Try pointing to something you have done in the past ten years that doesn't involve the military . . . . tell us about that time you caught a guy not wearing his hat on Concourse C, or the time you had to clean the sparkplug on your lawnmower yourself . . . . We're all waiting to be dazzled with more examples of your brilliance and leadership, but the tired lines you're parroting here are not leadership, but followership . . . the same lines that make me glad I'm not a 717 FO anymore, and that your viewpoint is in the minority of the pilot group, from what I'm seeing and hearing.

Last edited:
Ouch.

Real entertainment for a former Navy guy

... watching an AF and Army guy argue about leadership on an internet message board... :D

I ripped this off another website.

LOA latest info.

Nothing has been signed as of yet (Monday evening). The company presented a proposed LOA with a few "zingers" and it was rejected by Allen and the BOD.

JA's will probably be coming to the 737 fleet soon.

I was assured the personal hardship provision will remain in effect. However, you will have to claim the hardship by a yet to be determined deadline (Thur-Fri?) so the company can find another pilot to cover the trip.
Also, a few pilots have already been JA'd this month, you may not be JA'd again.

Don't take this as official info, it's certainly subject to change.

I see that your only experience prior to AirTran was in the military.

For the record I had no intention of bringing up my military experience until Don decided to bring it up. By his ignorant statement he infers someone who is in the military as well as the airlines can't have a viable opinion about something that affects all of us. Once he brought this up I had no choice but to counter such foolishness.

I've found that when people digress from the facts of the situation (ala Don Verita) and start making personal attacks, it only stands to reason that the person has nothing more constructive to say.

Everyone here has their opinion. That's what's great about this board. This issue has been decided and bickering between Airtran brothers will get us nowhere. Peace Out Gents.

Merry Christmas

I see that your only experience prior to AirTran was in the military.

For the record I had no intention of bringing up my military experience until Don decided to bring it up. By his ignorant statement he infers someone who is in the military as well as the airlines can't have a viable opinion about something that affects all of us. Once he brought this up I had no choice but to counter such foolishness.

I've found that when people digress from the facts of the situation (ala Don Verita) and start making personal attacks, it only stands to reason that the person has nothing more constructive to say.

Everyone here has their opinion. That's what's great about this board. This issue has been decided and bickering between Airtran brothers will get us nowhere. Peace Out Gents.

Merry Christmas

AFCitrus...I made an observation of what YOU put in your avatar. The point being that you coming from a military-only background quite possibly may shed some light on your attitude of coddling management.

Frankly, you have nothing on the line. You are probably in the Guard drawing a paycheck and/or you have military retirement you are receiving now or will be receiving in the future.

Most of the rest of us don't have your safety net. So when we say, "Hold the line!" it means just that. When you say, "Hold the line" it means, "don't rock the boat so I can milk this gig for a few more years because I've got mine so I'm not worried about the rest of you..."

You have obviously served our country and I thank you for that. If you came from one of the military academies then you better be thanking us because we payed for your priviledged education. In matters of labor relations, you have no experience sir. You are, in fact, a rookie. So until you've got a few years under your belt, don't undermine the efforts of those fighting on your behalf for a better quality of life.

AF, Ty and Don V are correct. While you are hanging out at the O club in your flight suit trying to impress some skank. People are dying every day in Ramadi, and Fallujah. It has been my experience that the ones who talk the most, did the least.

AFCitrus...I made an observation of what YOU put in your avatar. The point being that you coming from a military-only background quite possibly may shed some light on your attitude of coddling management.

Frankly, you have nothing on the line. You are probably in the Guard drawing a paycheck and/or you have military retirement you are receiving now or will be receiving in the future.

Most of the rest of us don't have your safety net. So when we say, "Hold the line!" it means just that. When you say, "Hold the line" it means, "don't rock the boat so I can milk this gig for a few more years because I've got mine so I'm not worried about the rest of you..."

You have obviously served our country and I thank you for that. If you came from one of the military academies then you better be thanking us because we payed for your priviledged education. In matters of labor relations, you have no experience sir. You are, in fact, a rookie. So until you've got a few years under your belt, don't undermine the efforts of those fighting on your behalf for a better quality of life.

Well said. I've often wondered how guys out of the military equate complying with management's scheme of the day to military ops/conduct. I know ATL's a tough town, but is there anyone shooting at you guys down there in the dirty south?

Latest resources

Back