AirTran Pilots...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gentlemen,

Can't we disagree without making this personal? It's bad enough we have the "Einstein" types lurking here, now we have to attack ourselves?

Direct you anger where it belongs, at the people who created this mess.

Ironically Ty the scene you just described perfectly describes your situation with regards to the our Union. You thought you were leading the charge of "dang the company on Christmas" (with the union supporting you all the way). Now we find out that the Union has done what I have been saying all along (not messing up our reputation and financial balance sheet on Christmas)

You just turned around and found that you (and your silly band of morons) are running down the street with your hairy asses hanging out. The rest of the company is following the union leadership.

As for USARET, in the AF we don't stay in one job for our whole career, we take on more responsibility and leadership roles. Roles like squadron, wing and numbered Air Force leadership roles. I would think you, more than most, would understand about doing the right thing when your services are needed. I would hate to have been under your leadership in a combat situation.

Good Day

True leaders lead by example and do not hide behind their mistakes or behind the people they are supposed to be leading. Additionally, "Roles" are parts played by actors and do not make a leader. Leadership is a natural trait that can be refined but not taught. You don't have to look any further than our own company "leadership" to understand that. All the charm schools and supposed "roles" you fill will never make you a leader unless it's in your character to do so. I'm sure you can agree with that. Unfortunately our company leaders have dropped the ball on providing effective leadership on this and many other issue's and have left it up to the rank and file employees to implement damage control. This sir, I would say is the true nature of the problem.

I think I agree with USARET on this one...

Goodnight, all this self-righteous military/leadership squawking makes me feel like I'm in some SOS class back at Maxwell.
Please. Stop.

Yea I am one of the many military leaders running our military. Notice I said leader. I realize the concept of leadership is a very foreign concept to you so I'll save you the explanation.

What would you consider an airline crisis? I would certainly consider leaving thousands of our customers (who pay your paycheck) stranded on Christmas eve and Christmas a crisis. Whatever the cause, its a crisis and attitudes like yours make it worse.

Yes, they made a mistake and you are trying to make them pay dearly for that mistake. What a man you are!!! They offered premium pay, positive space and hotel rooms to make up for their "glitch". But that's not enough for you. You probably expect a $10,000 bonus check for your sacrifice - to fly on a day you were supposed to fly on anyway.

I tired of trying to spread the concept of integrity and teamwork to you guys who obviously don't care about anything but yourselves and your next trip.

See ya on the flightdeck.

This is not the military Einstein. Why don't you quit and just concentrate on playing army. Poor planning by the company does not constitute and emergency for me. If people get stuck then the company can deal with it. My family is more important. That's life pal and it ain't fair.

I think we should strap some 1000 pound bombs to the bottom of our 717s and 737s....then i'd feel more like a true leader....

there i was.....inverted....with my tail on fire.....and two bogeys on my six.....
...in my KC-135,with 3 ZEROS on my tail, over Nagasaki. Yes, I'm the reason you don't speak Japanese...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back