Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nindiri

Couldn't be more wrong on that one.

The system favors the guy that hawks the computer/smartphone and can get to the airport within 2 hours or is a friend of scheds and can get away with the SWMP.

Additionally, ask around about what "your union" was doing for you regarding ELITT/DTC's and a little program called LINETUNER

:puke:

Case in point. 27 pairings for tomorrow still in open time as of 1700 CDT. Most of them AMs. Nice work Scheds. Nice work swapa. 117 be damned. He who waits the longest and gets the less sleep gets the juiciest trip. Make sure to send human factors that Fatigue Risk Management form.

:puke:

RWAV, do you participate in your union, or do you just beatch when you disagree with them? No offense, plenty of those joining your ranks. It's an age old problem, some even admit it here, a disregard for the collective and one only agrees with the "union" when the union agrees with them.

Very involved (IMO)

RWAV, do you participate in your union, or do you just beatch when you disagree with them? No offense, plenty of those joining your ranks. It's an age old problem, some even admit it here, a disregard for the collective and one only agrees with the "union" when the union agrees with them.

At least more than 100% of the people I fly with. Have worked for swapa (under Weaks). Volunteered on a regular basis. Vote every single time. Email my reps regularly. Post of the non-anonymous forums when there's a SL or TA or whatever that will effect PAY and QOL.

At least more than 100% of the people I fly with. Have worked for swapa (under Weaks). Volunteered on a regular basis. Vote every single time. Email my reps regularly. Post of the non-anonymous forums when there's a SL or TA or whatever that will effect PAY and QOL.

In other words, he's not ONLY an educated voting member-
He's "THAT GUY"
;)

Carry on.

You'll have no problem finding apathetic YES voters. Swing a dead cat and you'll hit one.

The company's been killing it for umpteen years. swapa's battle plan has been to give and give and give. Not working out so well. There is no Quid Pro Quo with the two in charge. That's just plain dumbass negotiating if you have capital and give it away with nothing in return, not even a promissory note.

This NC is the same one that advised and procured all those giveaway side letters, hell the last guy they just put back on was the architect of the majority of them. This is the the guy that got his ass kicked by the tranny NC and still tries to claim SL 10 a "victory" for our side even though all the AAI pilots came over while bringing less than half their planes. Do you think it's good strategy to continue doing the same thing over and over and expect different results?

If you're currently here, prepare yourself for a turd buried in what swapa will sell as a home run. The good thing is we'll more than likely have at least 1000 more pilots this time that aren't so easy to bamboozle with road shows and slick magazines.

You'll have no problem finding apathetic YES voters. Swing a dead cat and you'll hit one.

The company's been killing it for umpteen years. swapa's battle plan has been to give and give and give. Not working out so well. There is no Quid Pro Quo with the two in charge. That's just plain dumbass negotiating if you have capital and give it away with nothing in return, not even a promissory note.

This NC is the same one that advised and procured all those giveaway side letters, hell the last guy they just put back on was the architect of the majority of them. This is the the guy that got his ass kicked by the tranny NC and still tries to claim SL 10 a "victory" for our side even though all the AAI pilots came over while bringing less than half their planes. Do you think it's good strategy to continue doing the same thing over and over and expect different results?

If you're currently here, prepare yourself for a turd buried in what swapa will sell as a home run. The good thing is we'll more than likely have at least 1000 more pilots this time that aren't so easy to bamboozle with road shows and slick magazines.

Just out of curiousity, what do you propose, that they propose? Let's say, hypothetically, SWA attempts a buyout of Hawaiian. What is your idea of how it should go down, in terms of an ISL? Let's say you're the NC chair.

Just out of curiousity, what do you propose, that they propose? Let's say, hypothetically, SWA attempts a buyout of Hawaiian. What is your idea of how it should go down, in terms of an ISL? Let's say you're the NC chair.

1st thing that needs to be done is to unf*ck the contract where we gave up control of our seniority list in the case where we (SWA) are the acquiring carrier.

None of the current goobers on the NC or BOD are either smart enough or have the balls to work on that so we're f*cked right there.

Secondly, you install language that clearly spells out that swapa will retain control of the MSL and will retain control of ANY integration of that list. Bond McAsskill be damned. Get ready to take that f*cker to the supreme court if need be. Also, see above. No one has the stones for that fight either. But, you asked me what I would do.

swapa is the pilot funded arm of SWA mgt. The whole reason the tranny deal went down the way it did was to avoid what you're watching take place between USAir/AWA. swapa's job was to make this acquisition go as easy as possible, FOR KELLY. Our seniority be damned.

Many here are obviously okay coughing up hard fought for and earned RSW pilot seniority. Not me. I think it's absolute BS. The junior turds that sold this thing are sea gulls, that bide their time on trip pull, comp time committees, doing everything they can to stay on the union dole to avoid having to live with the agreements they keep inking. Once that gig is up, watch them move to mgt. It's a pretty sick cycle.

Prior to the tranny, we had a STRONG case for staple. But, we were going to have to litigate it and no one in swapa has the stomach for that, especially our junior attorney. That doesn't mean you don't continue down that path. Our NC went to your NC and said, "Staple" (wink wink) then immediately starting showing the carved up seniority list. Your NC intelligently sensed severe weakness and kept pressing for more and more seniority and protection. You got that in the second deal. We coughed up a ton more seniority BECAUSE Kelly said the deal was going down no matter what. Hmmmmmmm? Now think about that. He (supposedly) threatened airtran with the deal "NOT" happening and he threatened swapa with the deal happening "no matter what".

This is why you will not see me on the NC. swapa does not want anyone working inside swapa that's going to make the union gig a tough deal. Read the scenario above and you'll see a scenario that involves all the little union minions actually having to earn their keep instead of hosting chili cook offs and painting Ronald McDonald vans.

Well, you a hard liner for sure lol, I like the part about "Bond McAsskill be damned." I guess it takes a hard-ass to disregard Federal law lol.
Personally i think you'll get your day in Federal court as the next group will probably want to test that law rather than cave like our NC and pilot group did. Something to think about anyways.

I damn sure don't wanna be standing next to you in a buffet line I might get a fork stuck in my hand

Latest resources

Back