• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran pilots, who ya voting for?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Has anyone else had problems logging on to the website to vote? I keep getting an error message saying I need to type "http://" in the address - even when I have typed it in there. Oh well, I guess i'll have to pick up the phone!

Try typing https:

I haven't decided yet either. I'm still waiting to hear what Allen's take on Reserve pay concessions are. That will determine my vote. It will also determine every other reserve's and FO's vote.
Ummm... whoa. Say WHAT?

I haven't heard anything about that, would you care to enlighten us? PM me if you want, I'd like to hear more...

I like Dave a LOT, he was GREAT in training, really straightforward, and I can imagine how great of a CP he would make and, from what I hear, FP is thinking about getting back to the line, so maybe DP will be there again?

That said, I didn't care for one or two of the things he said in his position paper, namely that he wasn't after decent pay gains, but mainly COLA and QOL issues.

FO pay here is not what it should be. It needs to come up, I'd like to see it tied 60% to CA pay across the board. I know I'm going to be an FO for 3-4 years, so that's a big issue for me, and I'd also like to hear Allen talk about FO pay SPECIFICALLY as well.

I also know that when I upgrade, I'll probably be on reserve as a CA for at least 1-2 years, so reserve QOL issues are huge as well, and I'd like to hear anything that would change the reserve rules (including pay) for the worse if it's coming from either camp.

Because of those 2 above are going to make up 1/4 of my remaining 25 years in the biz, I'll wait until I get some SOLID, STRAIGHTFORWARD answers before I cast my vote. I'm leaning Allen's way, simply because of what's been previously mentioned, but if I get a whiff of some concessionary stuff for reserve pay or QOL, not to mention a stance that doesn't address FO pay issues, I'll change my vote.

If someone wants to PM me on the above, please do so.

p.s. NJguy, I don't think you get voting rights until month 6 after Indoc starts, I got my ballot in the mail and I'm at month 8, did you get a ballot? If not, probably won't be able to vote.

My observations:
1. I think you guys underestimate how many guys have gone through initial indoc in the last couple years. Dave is likeable, trustworthy, and big picture.
2. I think Allen and mgmt hate each other and nothing will get done with current regime.
3. I have never seen either one in the crew room (guess they don't work weekends).
4. My question for Ty, have you read our contract proposal? It's as one sided as mgmts.

I haven't voted yet but I'm leaning towards Dave.

My observations:
1. I think you guys underestimate how many guys have gone through initial indoc in the last couple years. Dave is likeable, trustworthy, and big picture.
2. I think Allen and mgmt hate each other and nothing will get done with current regime.
3. I have never seen either one in the crew room (guess they don't work weekends).
4. My question for Ty, have you read our contract proposal? It's as one sided as mgmts.

Ditto

My observations:

Let's get these items addressed that you brought up. Wouldn't want any misinformation out there.

1. Sure Dave is likeable, but as for the Big Picture? He has Management's Big Picture alright...which is concessions and elimination of work rules. You have to realize who you're dealing with here. This management team is no Southwest Herb Kelleher where you can sit down like gentlemen over a couple of weeks and get a contract done. No. We're up against the embodiment of Frank Lorenzo himself. Management regards you as nothing more than a hinderance to their bonuses. Dave has no inside track. A vote for him is a vote for Kolski.

2. Our current union leadership will walk in there like VE day if they win by a large percentage. What kind of message do you think that will send? UNITY!!
Mike Best left for personal reasons. Management said he was the roadblock. Now that he's gone, they still won't negotiate fairly. So the point is that whoever you put in there, management will find fault with him if he doesn't do what they want. Management wants Dave because Dave will not take a hard line to stand up for what you are entitled to. You'll be presented with a P.O.S. T/A...simple as that.

3. Dave works in the Training Dept. Dave's nomination was delivered by a SCAB. What's that tell you? Allen is in union HQ or attending to the union's business at outside functions Monday through Friday plus whatever he does at home on Sat. and Sun. Dedication. He restructured this union and made everything transparent. Accountability.

4. If Ty would allow me, I'd like to answer this one:
The contract proposal SEEMS so one-sided because of the fact that your current contract is so full of loopholes you could fly a Pitts Special through it. Ever wonder why we're saddled with all the contractual violations we have to deal with everyday? It's because your current contract lacks teeth. The contract proposal is a TOTAL RE-WRITE. It is what a contract should be...binding and legally 100% enforceable without any misinterpretations. The contract proposal was written by our Negotiating Committee under Allen's leadership using a host of lawyers and outside economic and financial analysis experts as well as input from the various union committees that represent you.

So, is there any doubt remaining as to who we want to lead us into 2007 and into the contract that we rightfully deserve as major airline pilots.

---> Allen Philpot! 100%, without a doubt!!

Please make sure you vote early online and record your Ballot Confirmation number. Don't wait till the last minute when something might distract you thereby causing you to miss the vote. Exercise your rights as a union member and vote as soon as you get your ballot in the mail.

Last edited:
If you want a new side letter with the company shoved up our a$$ every other week vote for Dave. I like Dave, nice guy, but the mere fact that management wants him in office is enough to keep me from voting for him. Changing horses in mid stream is usually doesn't work well.

My observations:

Gate 69,

While I obviously do not work for Air Tran I can tell you with experience what happens when you have a management friendly union leadership. You will be cut off at the knees. We have seen this at APA the last 3 years. Our union has agreed to numerous side letters of our contract that help the company, yet the most small items we have asked for (many cost neutral)have been brushed off by management. Now that we would like a return on our 2003 investment there is NO money, yet they continue to grab more bonuses.

Management will never value you as an asset (except at a handful of companies). You are a cost-unit, and will be treated as such. While I do not know either of your candidates, I would rather pull the "agressive pit bull" back than try to "push the little chiuaua" forward to fight for me.

You need a leader who represents YOU (the line pilot).

Just my .02, hope it all works out for you, and you get the contract you deserve!

AAflyer

Latest resources

Back