• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran pilots, who ya voting for?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would rather pull the "agressive pit bull" back than try to "push the little chiuaua" forward to fight for me.

Duuude, ole Ty Guy ownz a pit bull an stuff. Maybe if da Enn-Pee-Hey cats done like freaking tooks ole Ty Guy and hiz pit bull and some hunnies into like dem negoteeatshunz and stuff, den like maybe like we coulds git some freeking progress and stuff.

Ole Ty Guy be sayin, "hey Tranny Mannies, ifn we gits dat contract and stuff, you gets dem hunnies, udderwise, you gets da pit bull---you like apples? How you likes dem freeeking apples????????"

Dis contract stufff iz like killin me, bro, cause all dis stuff done bringin me down, bro, all I wants izz to say dat we gots us a freaking grroovey contract, now lets be feelin da saweeeet Tranny luvvin

AWWWWWW YEEEEAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't post often but here goes.

Yes Dave is a good guy. Dave is a smart guy might be a better statement.
Maybe you might want to ask him about the original internal audit and ethics commitee report. Maybe you could ask him about leaving his position as chief pilot and agreeing to take a position in the NPA....right up until he insisted that he continue to receive a pay rate equal to the check airman override he was getting as chief pilot. The group of idiots that made up the NPA board voted in the raise. Ultimately the secret pay raise for Dave was made public, the pilot group was pissed that the board would vote in a raise without presenting it to the pilot group at large. When the pay raise issue for the board was presented to the pilot group it was voted down. Did Dave stay with the NPA? no. Dave found a position in the training department.
Dave is the guy for indoc...smooth, good delivery, sharp,etc. Another time and place....maybe. We cannot afford to have Dave or the Skipper H. union leaches blowing our cash.

The original audit commitee report is available through the NPA. My vote is for communication and honesty...good or bad. I'm for Allen.

My observations:
... 3. I have never seen either one in the crew room (guess they don't work weekends).

Allen was in the crew room all afternoon today (Sunday) talking to everyone he could catch. He was there from before 1400 until I left at 1800.

My observations:
1. I think you guys underestimate how many guys have gone through initial indoc in the last couple years. Dave is likeable, trustworthy, and big picture.

Dave may have the big picture, but it's not the same picture as a line pilot. He has spent the last 7 years working for management, and would be serving as Union President with the intention of returning to management . . . . impossible for him to work fully for the pilot group.

2. I think Allen and mgmt hate each other and nothing will get done with current regime.

That is why Management keep trying to personalize this in their propaganda letters, to make it "Management versus Allen". Allen is very reasonable. Have you spoken with him personally to find out his views? Call him at the NPA office and ask him directly. He is very accessible.

3. I have never seen either one in the crew room (guess they don't work weekends).

Actually, Allen has been in the crew room fairly often, and the last time I saw him there was on a weekend.

4. My question for Ty, have you read our contract proposal? It's as one sided as mgmts.

Our leaves room for negotiation, theirs was an absolute insult. There are things in there that should tell you very clearly how management views you and the rest of the pilot group.

I haven't voted yet but I'm leaning towards Dave.

I really hope that you and everyone else comes to the conclusion that a vote for Dave Peck is really a vote against the NPA. Allen will win the election, but it is important to show the company we are united, so I hope you and others will consider that in your vote as well.

Last edited:
bump....

voted for Al.

"I actually did vote for the 87 billion dollars before I voted against it."

Sen John Kerry

just in from the NPA website............

Election 2007
Polls Closed at 12:00 Noon ET Friday Dec 22nd, 2006
NPA President Total % of Total Votes

Capt. Allen Philpot 545 58.79

Capt. Dave Peck 381 41.10

Write-in:
Schroll, John, #684 1 0.11
Total 927

Latest resources

Back