• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran pilots, who ya voting for?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Looks like another two years with no contract !

GMAFB . . . . the union has asked for a very reasonable contract. If Dave P. could deliver a contract any quicker, it wouldn't be worth ratifying.

Anyone who would vote for a management pilot to be the union president should have his head examined. Where do you think he would be going after his term was up? Right back to management . . . . yeah, that wouldn't be a conflict of interest. :rolleyes:

If you don't like what the NPA has been doing, then how about volunteering some of your time to try to make a change? Oh, that's right, it's easier just to bitc# and moan . . . :bawling:

J.F.C. 41% of the pilot group voted for management's choice for Association President. I thought the xmas JA C.F. would have driven more into the Association camp. I can't quite understand what motivates this pilot group.

I do volunteer on a NPA committe. Stop beliving everything that comes out of the NPA. Just like the company they spin things too.

I do volunteer on a NPA committe. Stop beliving everything that comes out of the NPA. Just like the company they spin things too.

Yeah, I'm on a committee, too, probably the same one as you. . . I certainly don't believe everything that comes out, and I don't agree with many of the decisions that are made, and when that happens, I make my opinions known to Allen and the board.

I thought you were indicating we would have better results had D.P. been elected. If that's not the case, then sorry. If it is the case, then I double everything I said earlier, and I fart in your general direction.

:D

41%?! Disheartening to say the least. "My attitude toward progress has passed from antagonism to boredom. I have long ceased to argue with people who prefer Thursday to Wednesday because it is Thursday." (GKC) That seems like the summation of the pro-DP crowd. "Hey, let's change things!" What are the other reasons one might vote for a management pilot? Surely there has to be more.

J.F.C. 41% of the pilot group voted for management's choice for Association President. ......I can't quite understand what motivates this pilot group.

Apathy, fear, ignorance, lethargy, selfishness, and stupidity might be a place to start.

I do not have a problem with what we are asking for, it is the way the NC has gone about it. SH could not get a TA passed in 2001 what makes you think he can this time ? If AP would make HH chairmen and replace SH then I could suport the NC. It seems to me the NPA started all the negitivety when they went to the AJC and blasted the company first.

It seems to me the NPA started all the negitivety when they went to the AJC and blasted the company first.

Although the AJC article was a shocker at the time, management has been proving those statements true, little by little.

The Company was offered an extremely fair deal right out of the box, and they got greedy, asking for concessions that weren't warranted, which was proven by the huge bonuses they stuffed in their pockets after we rejected their request.

Then they started the re-interpretations of the contract, and came out with their non-starter of an offer . . . Kolski's comments were even more dunderheaded . . . . . especially in light of the Xmas SNAFU. I'd say the AJC article was factually correct, just not politically correct.

Truth is, there is enough blame to go around, but until this pilot group gets together and starts participating, management is still in the drivers' seat. Don't blame your union, blame your fellow pilots for not being involved.

I'm wondering if the 41% (as opposed to a more reasonable figure of 20% or so) is the result of two things:

1. Guys who are livid that the recent LOA was signed.
2. New-hires who have had plenty of face time with Dave (because he was new-hire basic indoc. instructor) but no face time with Allen to hear him explain things in person.

One thing I would have done differently in the polling would have been to tell guys up front what the SWA pay level is and what ours is. Don't just ask them to pull a target compensation figure out of thin air.

Word to the NPA: Next time, send out polling *documents* instead, along with all supporting data. Then ask the questions. A more educated and well thought out response will follow...at least I hope so.

J.F.C. 41% of the pilot group voted for management's choice for Association President. I thought the xmas JA C.F. would have driven more into the Association camp. I can't quite understand what motivates this pilot group.
That answer isn't difficult, as your lack of understanding stems from an incorrect base premise.

I'll ask you a counter-question:

Why would the JA C.F. as you put it have driven more people TOWARDS the current Association leadership?

Especially when it was the CURRENT Association leadership that signed away our JA rights for this without so much as a poll of the pilot group.

If you originally bid for Christmas off, were able to hold it, then were subsequently forced to work Christmas because YOUR Association sold your JA rights down the river without ANYTHING given for it in return (double pay is an insult), WHY, for the love of God, would you then go running to that SAME Association leadership with open arms?

Wouldn't you take a good, hard look at your alternatives if you had just gotten hosed?

I'm not very surprised at all, except for the somewhat decent voter turnout (near 73%). The JA letter probably drove a lot of guys into DP's camp (I wasn't one of them), but I wouldn't be surprised, if we had access to the real-time vote count, to see a last-minute bump of DP's numbers because of this.

Latest resources

Back