• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran pilots. Was Mad Dog a scab?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This should have been enough to sink the whole deal. We can all get together and send Gary a gold (plated) harmonica.

jeez...you guys have more than one capt who plays the harmonica at 6am? F that.

Well, make it three confirmed harmonica sightings, so far. Flew FO for a guy many years ago who played one occasionally in the cockpit as the pax boarded.

Not the end of the world, I guess, but not the best thing in the world either. Made me vaguely uncomfortable, as I recall.

There is a certain show biz aspect to this airline pilot stuff because the public suffers from the perception-IS-reality syndrome (It's why things like crew personal appearance do matter). The public doesn't have to be right because they have the credit cards.

They didn't know that my Harmonicat leader ( http://www.harmonicats.com/Home.html ) was a terrific pilot who was going to take great care of them. They just saw the "pilot" was goofing around in the cockpit...playing the harmonica. Some people smiled, some didn't.

I guess people could do worse things.

Last edited:
At 0600???

I think someone should grab it right out of his hands and stuff up his a--, so that he had to walk through the terminal farting in the key of B for the rest of the trip.

Is that the toolbag with the PA harmonica s--t and the horrible celebrity impersonations?

Had I known his status, I would would have flipped him the bird when I got off his flight.

And no, I was not jumpseating, but was a fare-paying passenger.

Why wouldn't you have the ba!!s to do it to his face when you walked onto his airplane??

For a bunch of guys that come from an airline where they celebrate unprofessional nonsense like FAs rapping the safety announcement over the PA, you're awfully judgmental about some harmonica playing.

You're right, PCL.

The only thing I can imagine would diminish the profession more would be a harmonica-playing PFTer in a 1900. Of course, you'd probably need a trumpet to be heard over the drone of the props.

And doing an impersonation of a real paid-ones-dues line pilot.

Latest resources

Back