Airtran Pilots Want ALPA=WHY?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Really... do tell.

I know the girl sued, but thought her getting her job back negated the suit for the most part.

Hadn't heard about the other, better have been a BIG payoff to leave a career at SWA... Would be very interested in hearing more.

I voted for ALPA today. You can put lipstick on the NPA, but it will always be the NPA.

I voted for ALPA today. You can put lipstick on the NPA, but it will always be the NPA.
Hell of a thing to say about your fellow pilots. Call yourself ALPA...hell, call yourself the Keebler Elves...it's going to be the same pilot group at the end of the day.

Really... do tell.

I know the girl sued, but thought her getting her job back negated the suit for the most part.

Hadn't heard about the other, better have been a BIG payoff to leave a career at SWA... Would be very interested in hearing more.

Check your PM's.

Got it... interesting. Hadn't heard that side of the story before.

Thanks for the PM. Makes you understand WHY SWAPA and SWA work together...

Ultimately what it comes down to is that the pilot group is sick and tired of a lack of accountablity. ALPA will provide resources that we would never have with the NPA. I also understand that ALPA is looking out for ALPA first and the pilots of Airtran somewhere down the line. ALPA will provide an infrastructure to build a coherent operation for the MEC that must be complied with. If I get disgusted with the MEC I will call national to complain about the representation that I am getting from my MEC. This is a rebuilding stage for this pilot group. ALL trust has gone out the door. I do not trust the company, the NPA or ALPA. If you want to represent this pilot group you had better be putting their needs FIRST and not use this group as a ladder to your "dream" job in Herndon Va.

Last edited:
Ultimately what it comes down to is that the pilot group is sick and tired of a lack of accountablity. ALPA will provide resources that we would never have with the NPA. I also understand that ALPA is looking out for ALPA first and the pilots of Airtran somewhere down the line. ALPA will provide an infrastructure to build a coherent operation for the MEC that must be complied with. If I get disgusted with the MEC I will call national to complain about the representation that I am getting from my MEC. This is a rebuilding stage for this pilot group. ALL trust has gone out the door. I do not trust the company, the NPA or ALPA. If you want to represent this pilot group you had better be putting their needs FIRST and not use this group as a ladder to your "dream" job in Herndon Va.
Not a bad post, JT. You should probably consult with PCL128 about the line in BOLD

Lear 70-

Is he receiving union money plus his current job?

I know what the company said happen. What does he say?

I have a real problem if we are paying people who lose their job and receive another job. Are we paying them guarantee. ?

ALPA? Will be the same old people running the union.

When you guys get tired of AT MGT. You will start to control the throttles of the company.

Lear 70-

Is he receiving union money plus his current job?

I know what the company said happen. What does he say?

I have a real problem if we are paying people who lose their job and receive another job. Are we paying them guarantee. ?

ALPA? Will be the same old people running the union.

When you guys get tired of AT MGT. You will start to control the throttles of the company.
All of your questions are in the FPLA which you were elligible to vote on and SHOULD have voted on, preferably reading it before you voted.

FPL makes up for what pilots aren´t making elsewhere to 70 hours if they´re unemployed, 90 hours if they have another job.

Each month pay stubs are turned in. If the pay is more than 90 hours at their other job, nothing is paid. If the pay is less than 90 hours, a check is cut for the difference.

Example. $65 per hour * 90 hours is 5,850 per month.

Pilot makes $4,000 at other job. Union cuts check for $1,850 and that is added to the Loan balance. That money gets paid back. It´s a loan, not a gift.

Any other questions, contact Don S on the message board or Matt H in the NPA office, they can give you the specifics.

No checks have yet been cut.

Latest resources

Back