• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran Pilots Want ALPA=WHY?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pretty sure he does, he's just getting 2nd-hand info from Orlando as well and there's no telling what they're spinning these days, it seems to change every time they're proven wrong on something.

He was probably instructed to come on here and stir the pot with the other pilots and he didn't have the real facts so he looks like the guy that can't be bothered to find out the real story before he votes for something, but just votes the company line.

Brown-nosing for that check airman / management slot later on seems to be the general consensus for Scarlet.

Yeah telling pilots to control the throttles and fly safe is MGT...

I DO NOt CARE WHAT YOU THINK Lear70..

I know I have worked since I was 14 and not put myself into situation of being fired, so whatever happened I am sure there was at least 30-40% chance of something going on. A company just does not come to one of the 10,000 employees and fire that one person. You are right I don't know the whole truth. You do!! I don't think the company is giving the hostages one minute of their time these days.

I know I have worked since I was 14 and not put myself into situation of being fired, so whatever happened I am sure there was at least 30-40% chance of something going on. A company just does not come to one of the 10,000 employees and fire that one person. You are right I don't know the whole truth. You do!! I don't think the company is giving the hostages one minute of their time these days.
You're right, neither did I, after working 22 years, 15 of those in aviation, at 7 different companies, until I got involved in negotiations with an ex-Eastern management group and probably was the most influential reason convincing enough people to vote NO on those T.A.'s that it made the difference between it passing or not, which has cost the company MILLIONS in pay concessions and the loss of the ability to dump the 717's for E-190/Q400's even FURTHER costing them money.

But I'm guessing you don't think that's enough reason for them to come after me...

You're right, I absolutely DO know the truth, and I have a clear conscience. I know that management knows the truth as well, but sleeps well because they really don't care, it's all just a big game for them to see how much they can get paid.

You'd be surprised how much of their time we take up these days... will again on April 30th, and will again soon after that. They have been and will continue to be up to their knecks in lawsuits for a long time to come, not only from me and Don, but from several other people who are gearing up to sue right now as well, since management doesn't want to do the right thing by their employees.

It's going to be an interesting summer,,, stay tuned.

I engaged my 24 hour rage filter when I first read your post. Time's up.

With this post, you went from pussified management sycophant to complete a$$hole. Lear stands for everything that is right about the collective bargaining process - accepting responsibility, working hard and doing what is right for the people he represents in spite of the political backlash. You are a pathetic, frightened waste of DNA. A review of your posts over the past couple of years reinforces this conclusion.

Your contention that Lear "must have done something wrong or the company wouldn't be going after him" is naive in the extreme. At AirTran, the people the company goes after tend to be the ones who pose the biggest threat to their jobs or the 'Big Lie'. Lear did his job as member of the TA review Committee, spoke the truth about the weakness of TA#1 and was punished by the company for it. What is most disgusting is that the previous NPA board bought in to the company's lie and punted instead of properly representing him. If it had been me in charge, not one single LOA or TA would have had a Association signature on it until he was back on the property.

Unfortunately, the company has had their way with weak-dick pilots, such as yourself, for so long it is going to take years of bitter confrontation to change their attitude and tactics in regard to the pilot group. In one sense you are right, that ALPA will not automatically make things better. Leaving the NPA behind does provide a fresh start and allows others like yourself to learn how to act like real Union members.

I engaged my 24 hour rage filter when I first read your post. Time's up.

With this post, you went from pussified management sycophant to complete a$$hole. Lear stands for everything that is right about the collective bargaining process - accepting responsibility, working hard and doing what is right for the people he represents in spite of the political backlash. You are a pathetic, frightened waste of DNA. A review of your posts over the past couple of years reinforces this conclusion.

Your contention that Lear "must have done something wrong or the company wouldn't be going after him" is naive in the extreme. At AirTran, the people the company goes after tend to be the ones who pose the biggest threat to their jobs or the 'Big Lie'. Lear did his job as member of the TA review Committee, spoke the truth about the weakness of TA#1 and was punished by the company for it. What is most disgusting is that the previous NPA board bought in to the company's lie and punted instead of properly representing him. If it had been me in charge, not one single LOA or TA would have had a Association signature on it until he was back on the property.

Unfortunately, the company has had their way with weak-dick pilots, such as yourself, for so long it is going to take years of bitter confrontation to change their attitude and tactics in regard to the pilot group. In one sense you are right, that ALPA will not automatically make things better. Leaving the NPA behind does provide a fresh start and allows others like yourself to learn how to act like real Union members.

Nicely done!!

With this post, you went from pussified management sycophant to complete a$$hole.

Amen . . . It's amazing how many of these "battered spouse/weak sister" types we have to rehabilitate around here. Talk about a low self-esteem knuckle-dragger with a "kick me/lie to me" sign taped to his back.

Prediction: Lear will be hired back, with back-pay, an apology, and a settlement in lieu of a defamation suit.

Prediction number two: Scarlet will do something very, very stupid in an airplane, be fired, and beg the Union to defend his stupid @ss. Lear will by then be the FO Rep and will get him his job back.

Alas, poor Scarlet, not being tough enough mentally to cope with what Lear has gone through these past 18 months, will be so traumatized by the event that he will spend the rest of his days in an insane asylum . . . reduced to a mindless, masturbating moron.

TW

Last edited:
Thanks for your concern:

I will be on the lake in the boat or jetski! Not sitting around complaining about my life and how everyone here just hates the company and their job. I have a suggestion= LEAVE if you are that unhappy!! You are not a child, you can control your happiness.

If I got fired and I hated the company like people hate Airtran. I ask WHY would you ever want to come back to the place you hate?

Latest resources

Back