• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Pilots Fired!!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know it sucks being threatened by management about being fired vs furloughed. We all know that. Lets just see what happens with negotiations. I seriously doubt any instructors are going to start screwing with guys. I've been on both planes and have met most instructors in the training department and most of them are stand up guys just trying to make a living.

Calling these guys names on a message board is pretty childishly. I actually don't mind checkrides with some of the 737 instructors, it's no BS or tricks and your done in a couple hours instead of 4. I've heard of some guys who try to throw tricks at you but it's far and few between.

No meanstreak your right, however!!!!! Having made it through training unscathed, as it were, the level of training I received was sub-par at best. The highlight was being yelled at when I turned the overhead light on or for putting my Plate on the wheel in front of me. The next day I would be yelled at for NOT putting the overhead light on and NOT putting the plate on the control wheel. I could go on. They need to work some sort of compromise through but the Non-seniority pilots need to leave PRIOR to Seniority pilots.
NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every pilot has the right to ask for a line pilot in the sim...exercise that right!!!!

I've heard this before, but haven't found it in the CBA. Can you cite a specific section? The only thing I can find is the ability to refuse a specific examiner, but training scheduling interprets that to be only one examiner that you can refuse, not a whole group of them. She'll only let you refuse one guy.

So let me get this straight. Management is asking captains for a 11% cut and have the guts defending this by saying they took a 15% cut themselves ???

I am sure they didn't mention their 30% pay raise per jan 1st of this year as well in that letter....

Good look to you guys. Great bunch of people, most of you, down there in the ATL.

So let me get this straight. Management is asking captains for a 11% cut and have the guts defending this by saying they took a 15% cut themselves ???

I am sure they didn't mention their 30% pay raise per jan 1st of this year as well in that letter....

They're asking for the pay cut while threatening to fire all the probationary guys, unbelievable.

This whole debacle ought to make it very clear that Obama is the best choice for president. At least compared to Mccain. At the very least he will appoint labor friendly judges and NMB members.

You are absolutely right if you vote solely on whether a President will release you to strike or not and not on:

Negotiating with terrorists regimes
Winning the war
Keeping taxes low
Keeping the government from taking over healthcare
Drilling for oil
Second amendment rights
Pro-life issues
Preventing massive carbon taxes and cap-and-trade
Preventing Iran from going nuclear
Containing North Korea (since Clinton didn't keep them from going nuclear)
By "labor friendly," do you mean judical activists who substitute their own opinions for written law?
About a thousand other issues

But, oh wait, didn't Northwest get a release to strike from an NMB under Bush? And didn't Clinton order AA pilots to stop their strike in 1997?

Gosh, we've done so well under Republican regimes lately. All the stuff they've done has really helped the country. Especially when the did away with privacy rights, and that pesky habeus corpus thing in the Constitution.

I especially like the war in Iraq and giving North Korea everything they wanted because they developed nuclear weapons.

Oh and lets not forget Iran and OPEC.

You know, investing over a $1,000,000,000,000 in Iraq and the middle east instead of say researching alternative energy sources and mortgaging our country to China... Wow! Bush rocks. I want 4 more years.

I'll take change. I live in Arizona. McCain hates workers. He is kinda of the opinion that if you work and you don't make enough money, you're lazy.

Gosh, we've done so well under Republican regimes lately. All the stuff they've done has really helped the country. Especially when the did away with privacy rights, and that pesky habeus corpus thing in the Constitution.

I especially like the war in Iraq and giving North Korea everything they wanted because they developed nuclear weapons.

Oh and lets not forget Iran and OPEC.

You know, investing over a $1,000,000,000,000 in Iraq and the middle east instead of say researching alternative energy sources and mortgaging our country to China... Wow! Bush rocks. I want 4 more years.

I'll take change. I live in Arizona. McCain hates workers. He is kinda of the opinion that if you work and you don't make enough money, you're lazy.

Great post. You hit it spot on. Great summary on how stupid some are in this country. Do not even get me started with our Cuba policy.:mad: Hypocrites.

Marty

It's not if Obama will win, it's by how much and if he can put together a team to start cleaning up the mess of a "C" student that rode Daddy's coattails his whole life.

It's not if Obama will win, it's by how much and if he can put together a team to start cleaning up the mess of a "C" student that rode Daddy's coattails his whole life.

He better assemble a good team, because if he wins we will have a 500 hour RJ F/O in the left seat of a 747-400.

Latest resources

Back